Live in the truck save $ and become financially independent???

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nofreetime, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    EXACTLY!!!! I have yet to work for someone OTR who says..'Take some time off Boy..And get the Hell outta my Truck'..:biggrin_2559:

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNoutkast

MNoutkast Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Elk River, MN
    Joe, I think anyone working for those lie wage should move to a better company. I started out making nearly twice that with plenty of home time.

4. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Anyway O.P. I don't know about real estate and all that you're talking about-but I "lived" in a Truck for 3 years and saved...Let's just say a LOT..ENOUGH to get MARRIED again...Which may very well get me back to what this thread is about. Point is. If you can do it and are already in this 'game" of Trucking I would say go for it as it sounds you already have a plan in place...Good Luck..Maybe I'll rent a room from you someday...By the hour I hope.:biggrin_255:

nofreetime and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sorry that happened to you. Also, $600-$750 a week is lousy pay for truck driving. That's why I preach getting the endorsements so a driver can qualify for the $1000 + weekly jobs. True, some drivers are comfortable with the $600-$750 weekly pay and that's fine and pretty good money in this economy when you think about it; but you need more if you have goals to achieve such as those "nofreetime" has. "nofreetime" will be able to purchase a home with cash pretty soon if he sticks to what he's doing now, then can rent it and put that money into savings toward his next purchase. If he sticks to it, he can retire at 45 yrs. which is his goal.

I know a woman in another state that ended up with 40 rentals. Problem was they were scattered all over creation and a nightmare to manage. Sure, she's wealthy now, but I'm not business saavy for that situation and wouldn't want to invest the time required to care for that.

I'm in Seven Hills.

nofreetime Thanks this.
  6. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I was good till You said "Trick" a woman into this. That's just wrong.

Chinatown and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  7. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    @Madman...A private security company thanks thats a good idea. I wonder what they would charge? And what all will they handle, noise complaints, and driving by keeping an eye on things, or more?

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He can get a nice woman on blossoms website; that's what many of us truckers did. I personally know a few of them. All the truckers I know that did this are now financially stable; all they needed was a little help from a good wife that's good with finance. Mine has an MBA. My close freind married a Chinese CPA and doing great now financially.

9. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    @chinatown... If i were home i might pursue the short sale or even auction avenue. I feel like finding buys like the one you mentioned for 80k would require that i be looking all the time and ready to purchase on a whim, im sure the greatest deals dont stick around long, and may require some initial tlc. Hopefully later in life when i am home i can manage to keep some $$ avail for when those deals present themselves. Did you have rentals while being otr? If so did you ever run into any situations that required your presence with a rental while being on the road? Though i cant foresee a situation that would put me in a bad position on this i still worry about it

10. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Hell no !!!!!! Live in the truck , with no home to go to.
    After 4 weeks I want out of this thing , I don't want to look at it , talk about , or have anything to do with it for atleast 3 days .

11. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Saddle i dont see why i would have to trick a woman into this, i enjoy doing it. I just havent figured i will be lucky enough to meet one that would want to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.