Live unload turned into a drop trailer

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by prabh128, Sep 29, 2022.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I could never make it as a trucker. I'd start pitching it out the door into the parking lot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Typically it’s 72hours not including weekends.

Layover pay is normally $200 so if you are getting 250 that’s out of the norm.

Not much you can do at this point..

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    That's how it worked back in the day around the big cities when the mob ran it. You paid to get in and out quickly. You paid 20 for a door then you paid 20 to the checker in a lot of grocery warehouses, this was back in the early 80s when 20$ was actually worth something. The little LTL company my dad was leased to you put in for petty cash and they reimbursed you.

5. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    When I was doing food service I had a backhaul to get and was late getting there because of traffic getting out of Long island and on the BQE. They weren't gonna load me and the company wanted me to stay overnight with no #### place to park. Nope, you guys have dozens of trucks down here daily someone else can grab it tomorrow. I went home and nothing was ever said about it

6. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    It sure has its moments and with my non-people person demeanor, it can be touch and go at times :)
    Then there are days when you get stuck taking a lifetime supply of laundry detergent home! Happened to me..One box got damaged and Walgreens rejected the entire pallet..got told to dispose of it. Luckily next stop was home.

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  7. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    $20 back in the early 80’s would fill my pickup gas tank, get me a carton of cigs and a pizza !

Was also when employers offered free healthcare insurance..

8. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    The 1st time my dad went to this place in Brooklyn when he started some guy asked "you gonna buy the boys coffee" which was slang for pay me or you gon sit all day. He said I barely can buy myself coffee you think I'm buying you some Lol. He sat there all day and came back empty.

Then the bossman explained how things worked Lol. My mom's sister, it was her husband's father who ran the company. My dad was the only non Italian at the company whose name didn't end with a vowel Lol

9. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    How long have you had your authority?

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  10. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Just keep backing up and hitting the brakes till its empty.

If you know where someone lives who treats you like crap at a terminal, stop at the nearest pit, give them the address, and pay cash for a load of pitrun to be dropped in the middle of their driveway.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    God prefers Diesels and cke Thank this.
  11. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Lot of places have too many cameras now and will can you for taking anything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.