livestock?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by csw1818, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Tks but no Tks ...... Couldn't pay me enough.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    in 73 the ole man bought a brand new gmc astro with a 318 detriot and was leased to h@r stewart outa so. st paul mn ( known as B@R cattle now ) mostly running to pack plants in the midwest and out west to bring back feeder cattle into the midwest ...alot of those pack plants dont even exist anymore .
    when i run hwy 200 from lewistown to glendive i think of him and what it must have been like to run that road 40 years ago ( 200 is 250 miles of nothin and isnt a real good road now ) musta been one LONG ride from lewistown to so.st. paul in those days in a underpowered rough ridin crate of a truck .

ramblingman Thanks this.
  4. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    I can only imagine and for you it's probably a far away memory if that. Would have been quite the adventure I imagine though. It's hard to have a good adventure anymore...

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    was lotsa small pack plants back then ..west fargo nd , huron sd , . spencer ia , algona ia , mandan nd , st.cloud mn , oakland ia , altoona wis , whitehall wis , madison wis , soiux city ia , omaha ne , st joe mo , aberdeen sd are the ones i can think of and some i went to ...ole man would never let me near the chute tho lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.