Lo Pro stepdecks

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by villageidiot, Apr 28, 2018.

1. villageidiot

villageidiot Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Deep South Texas
    I am actually looking at a 53x102 fixed spread Wilson. A friend has it and is trading it in on a new stepdeck and I'm looking at buying his. 11'top and 42' bottom

rank and Tug Toy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. villageidiot

villageidiot Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Deep South Texas
    It's not a lo pro. I have been pulling a step for about a month now and have had zero trouble with a standard combo. If I ever had a direct customer that had a need for a lo pro and was willing to pay well I would but as of now I'm happy

RStewart Thanks this.
  4. Trucker Patt

Trucker Patt Bobtail Member

May 5, 2020
    I have a stepdeck with 22.5 and ride height is around 39” and 40”. Can you still load things with ramps?

5. Trucker Patt

Trucker Patt Bobtail Member

May 5, 2020
    I have a stepdeck with 22.5’s and my ride height in the rear of the trailer is 40”. is that still good for ramps? since yours in 42.

6. shawnhhllc

shawnhhllc Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2020
    florida
    Steel with aluminum deck 17.5s. When loaded it’s 14,1” high. After chaining it 13’5” high. John Deere 544L. A 644L can be sucked down to be legal as well. Steel just lasts longer for us. Good quality tires and you’ll get 120k miles. Haul a bunch of diggers also. Obviously they would be wide and heavy. The 17.5s work great. Not too sure about going lower because of loading docks and tearing off the rear bumper. Yes that happens I have seen it but not done. Ramps aren’t necessary but when you have a track loader on the step and the place where your unloading doesn’t have a side load dock. You’ll wish you had the ramps.
    upload_2020-5-6_16-24-37.jpeg .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  7. shawnhhllc

shawnhhllc Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2020
    florida
    upload_2020-5-6_16-32-10.jpeg

All I have is the short ramps from step to deck I use them often

8. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I pulled a step on eight lug 17.5s for a little while when the flat was getting brakes or something. I didnt lose any tires but the guy before me blew like 6 of em and the ones after did a few also. It was winter when i ran it so i think thats a major factor.

Really the company didnt have any business with a low step, it was for an older driver who had trouble climbing up, before my time. If i had to haul that trailer come summer id have rigged up some sheetmetal baffles under the frame to concentrate air onto the rubber and help it shed heat. I drive too fast for 17.5s.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.