Load Abandoned

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by FlashBolt, Aug 29, 2019.

1. FlashBolt

FlashBolt Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I had a O/O who i gave a load too a week in advance, when it came time for the delivery he pushed pick up to the next day, I worked with the shipper and got it pushed to the next day but when the next day came he once again told me he to push it to the next day. Now once this day came he stopped picking up my phone calls and abandoned this load. I gave this driver multiple chances but he still screwed me over and never picked up this load. Now i am getting charged by my customer for all the late fees and more. Can i charge him a fee for abandoning this load?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Ya but good luck getting paid

FlaSwampRat and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. FlashBolt

FlashBolt Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    So we still owe him a couple thousand dollars for previous loads, can we do anything with that?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am not a o/o but as company drivers when we abandon a load (And truck and etc) the company usually fires us essentially on the spot and then buries the DAC with the damning information.

You will need a another O/O inaddition to your current losses on that load. You did not state if there was any reason given by the trucker (Death, sick, funeral etc) for leaving you sitting on something like that and losing money to fees.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm not an O/O ... but I sure would hold that money and take the fees out, and bill him for the overrage. Save all ppwk, and if he takes YOU to court, you have your back up. I'm sure more educated folks will chime in.

@Ridgeline ? Thoughts ?

86scotty and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    No that load has nothing to do with others you owe him money for.....

8. FlashBolt

FlashBolt Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    So the O/O kept making excuses and was lying to me about something going on with his truck, or getting pulled over, or getting a flat tire. He gave me all these excuses in a three day span so i know he was lying. The first day i understood so i worked with him and got the pickup date changed but then he made another excuse again and again I worked with him and got it changed but then he just straight up abandoned the load. He lied and told me that the truck arrived to the shipper at night and he would spend the night and pick up first thing in the morning as soon as they opened but when the shipper arrived the driver was never there.

x1Heavy and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    What does it matter? If 'driver' owes company for X ditched load and company owes money for Y and Z loads.... I bet a lawyer could get a 'wash' in court... JMHO>.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok. Let me ask you this.

O/O says to you I gotta Flat.

You probably would be interested in seeing some evidence of that, usually fix it stuff with sick trucks the driver is all over the dispatcher or such.

Your O/O was unnecessarily evasive using very common fix it things that are relatively easily resolved. A tire is what 400 dollars plus bolt on and balance etc. A hour at best. Days?" I think he is blowing smoke.

Fire him. Maybe go after him in damages.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What does the contract you have with him state?

COBB2070 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.