Load board agents

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 86scotty, Nov 27, 2022.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    people covering the loads and talking to truckers arnt usually brokers. More like a random newb pulled in from the street and given a sheet of paper on what to say when a trucker calls.

Brokers are usually sales people who get the accounts and then have these newbs handle the shoveling.

AsphaltFarmer and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Stand your ground. I won't do a load that doesn't include detention, and when they say they don't pay detention until after 4 hours. I politely say no problem, just bump the rate up to cover 2 hours detention.....

4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I always stand my ground and I did this time by walking away. We weren't going to come to an agreement. No way no day. No sense wasting much time on people like this. It's a shame so many agents think that a trucker's time is not valuable enough to pay for. I can see getting what you can for a job, as we all do, but I can't see expecting anyone to work for free. I don't expect a broker to work for free. It blows my my mind that they would expect me to work for free.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Reason for edit: Edited last sentence for clarity
  5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I did that dance last week with a broker going from jersey to upstate NY. I've done this move a handful of times with a different broker and they wanted to pay 400$ less. Ended up finding something else and a few hours later she got back to me within 50 of the rate I've done it for. Sorry I found something else. Don't tell me that's all you have in it and then magically come up to my rate when you couldn't find a sucker to move it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.