Load board for local lanes

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by MrReactor, Jan 19, 2018.

1. MrReactor

MrReactor Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Does anyone do any local lanes from load boards? I know companies like Tylka in Chicago do local work in Chicago for Schneider on IC trailers, is it possible to find local lanes around Chicagoland on load boards?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Brokers post local runs on load boards sometimes. Personally I almost never deal in local runs because there is nowhere near enough money in the rate to pay what it costs me to source just one truck.

Now if customer wanted me to arrange 100 local runs I'd be open to it. Because I'd go get two different trucking companies to handle 50 loads each and make 50 bucks a load on them.

At the end of the day you have to have enough volume to be worth dealing with... And local runs need a LOT more volume in terms of number of loads to get anyone's attention.

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    You can set parameters any way you want on just about any free or pay loadboard. So if all you want to see is local runs you can easily have everything else filtered out. Whether or not you will find what you are looking for is anyone's guess.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I watch truckmatch, the app by trucker path. There's a lot of 1-200 loads posted, just stay away from anything out of Marseilles. (Everything is cheap especially posted by Beri brokerage.)

MrReactor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.