Load Boards for CARGO Vans

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by HrHitter33, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Fiddle Sticks

Fiddle Sticks Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Chicagoland
    This is how I would work it--deliver the freight the same day as the pick-up if at all possible that way you have an empty van by bed time. Or, pick up the freight the day before you leave town and then sleep in your own bed. Get up at dark-thirty and deliver. If the load is a 1,000+ miler, then the hotel fee is more or less 'built in'.

The $0.95 is for 'OTR'--the local stuff from the company I assume is percentage.

I am continuing to search for a CDL gig. The $0.95 is a gross/gross, i.e. no money for tolls. This mean it pretty much wipes out I-80 going east with Indiana, Ohio, Pennslyvannia, and New York toll-road/turnpikes, I-294, I-94 north of Des Plaines, I-90 west of Rosemont, I-88, etc. As an O/O, whether in a truck or cargo van, I either get reimbursed for tolls or I tell the broker to go jump. In fact, I would like a pre-pass for all tollroads so that I don't even have to send in paperwork to get reimbursed.

DriverToBroker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motorobert

motorobert Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Hi, I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 170 wheelbase, High roof van and I read an old message you left for HrHitter about a list of possible courier companies that have Sylectus. Is it still possible to get this list and any other suggestions or Information you might be willing to lend. I am a long time over the road semi driver, who left the business a few years ago but wanting to try again this time for myself. Thanks for any help.

Js9 Thanks this.
  4. LJE

LJE Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Good morning Bill. I know this thread is pretty old but I stumbled across this site and I much like the guy that you originally replied to I'm new to the LTL game and ask if you would not mind sharing some of your knowledge. I have a Ford Transit (Sprinter type) van and I'm looking for work. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day

5. yougotmail

yougotmail Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey Bill,
    I have a Ford E250 looking for cargo loads, did you find any info? I'm looking for a dedicated cargo load board. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    KP

6. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I know this is an old post @mrbigbadbill if you are still around I try to email you but the email undeliverable

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    He's in hiding doesn't post publicly anywhere. Filed bankruptcy still owing money to some drivers, among others, who worked for him. Go to expeditersonline and ask around for the info you seek.

7seriestv Thanks this.
  8. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
  9. Big D transport

Big D transport Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Why so much negativity here

10. Big D transport

Big D transport Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2019
    I believe there is enough work for people who want to work you just gat to have the right connection and be persistent if one company turns you down don’t just stop there keep knocking until you find one

11. SoG444

SoG444 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2018
    I dont know what you all are talking about. There is plenty work. Get a decent truck like a GMC or Ford Transit. Either one with a box in the back will work. Find good dispatching companies. Abd drive! Been doing it for 5 month straight and it's going great. Only downside is that I am driving a truck that belongs to someone else so I make less money as I would if it was mine. I'll get my own by 2020 and it should be even better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.