Load Boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TX_Proud, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
  3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Hooo Chee Man removed ban......

You know, they have 51.87774853473784% ownership in this forum....

fortycalglock Thanks this.
  4. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    They just hacked his account and changed the passwords and email contact. They told me. I stopped at Bill's TS in Linwood NC Saturday morning for a "rest" break and some coffee to earn another one with. On the way back from the men's room, I heard a pay phone in the corner sound the code ring. I picked up the handset, and I could hear the terrorists whispering this over the dial tone. I dropped $5 worth of quarters in the pay phone so they'd keep sharing these random secrets with me. Then I got the hell out of there before the FBI caught me on the surveillance video catching covert pay phone messages.

5. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Thanks I now have coffee which came out my nose and mouth all over my screen I was laughing so hard.

chrisyohn1993 and nofilter Thank this.
  6. 9ge

9ge Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2014
    los angeles, CA
  7. RWind

RWind Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Merrillville, In
    Just been told that nobody will give me a load off the boards in the NJ area for more than 1.50 per mile. I don't find that plausible. Any personal experience of NJ load boards?

8. Robbie946

Robbie946 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2014
    when a broker is quoting a rate to you, is that just line haul or is that with fuel and tolls all in? You say you get a rate then ask for fuel surcharge? And what if there are big lumper charges on either side. Seems like a shell game.

9. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    When you are booking a load from a broker and not the actual shipper, you are operating in the spot market. There is no such thing as fuel surcharge in the spot market, as your rate what you will do it for today. Fuel surcharge is for long term contracts to protect both parties from spikes and dips in fuel pricing. If you're going to haul a load into a high toll area, then your rate you agree to needs to factor that in.

jdrentzjr Thanks this.
  10. afterburn25

afterburn25 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    there is always a fuel surcharge but the broker just includes it into the rate so when thry quote your rate it always has the surcharge in there. when I get my rate con it shows the fuel surcharge however it really doesn't matter at that point

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.