Load percentage pay with Schneider.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by COVE, Mar 2, 2014.

1. EggoTrucker

EggoTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Thats why at Schneider its called CHOICE...there are PLENTY of loads leaving a particular area...all of them have different rates etc...At LS i have heard numerous amounts of times you have to get good connects (blah blah) or you will get crap! I wouldn't want to spend time out of my day negotiating rates and crap...I would rather pick because i have a large CHOICE

Newtrucker48 and sadwar Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    annnnnnnddddd.....there ya go. And, I can chose to run the load or not.......jus' sayin'.

4. COVE

COVE Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Thank you for all the input and comments so far.

I'm looking to hear from drivers that are actually using the SNI Choice (Percentage Program). Can you make decent money on this program and still be able to put money aside for maintenance/repairs. Are you always able to find good loads, no matter where you are? How much of your loads are drop-n-hook? Is Schneider helpful when you have a breakdown?

Anything you can tell me about your experiences using the Choice Program.

5. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
  6. Lalito1234

Lalito1234 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2013
    chicago il
    i've talked to schnieder owner/operators runing regional on percentage, they told me they're averageing $1.60-$1.80 a mile including fsc
    :smt059

:angel11:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  7. chicknwing

chicknwing Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Probably not as much as someone would hope. They will tell you they are not a bank. Truck breakdowns are the owners responsibility.

dieselfuelonly Thanks this.
  8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    If you're spending more than 3 mins arguing a rate with an LS agent, then the load is trash and was trash to begin with I.E majority of the TX & FL freight here

If the money dont look right, dont call..
    if they call you and the money dont sound right, make a offer & if they dont accept, go on your marry way, that simple

And I have no connects and run straight off the load board & load alerts.... havent pulled a crap load in about 5 months

Lalito1234 and scythe08 Thank this.
  9. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    For what it is worth Schneider hauls nearly 10% of America's freight and I would think Landstar hauls less than 1%. This means more loads in more locations going to different destinations. Schneider has a huge customers base with some of the largest companies in America and this means more freight. This played a huge role in me selecting Schneider over Landstar 4 years ago. I have zero regrets.

10. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    "more freight means great" isnt actually true. There's a customer in NC that an agent calls me on every so often to see if im willing to pull a load from there going back into Delaware, its always cheap.... Schneider & Cowan is there biggest carrier.

Schneider pulls alot of 45K water loads, not interested in that

Schneider also pulls alot of paper, im willing to bet thats 40% of their freight base alone. Paper & Water is usually cheap & heavy. For the record I'm not saying Landstar is awesome beyond measures against Schneider, but when you factor some things then Landstar is pretty superior...

I will say this, if I ever wanted to be home on a semi weekly basis I would give Schneider a call as I live near plenty of paper mills in VA and know they do a lot of scrap paper back to recycling plants all over VA... the pay might not be awesome but hey, I would still have so freedom. Also like how you could go to any OC and get your truck worked on, I would kill for that hear at LS

11. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Don't be fooled by Schneider maintenance, Most the time they refuse to work on a IC's truck or they claim it will take days to get to. Thier mantenance is actually a hinderance to the program. VA might not be Schneiders best area but here in Texas the freight is really strong with quality customers. I generally use the same 4 customers and 90% drop and hook averaging $1.80-2.25 a mile. Land is flat and fuel is cheaper so heavy is not a issue here. I haven't hauled rolls or scrap paper in my 4 years with Schneider.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.