load-scaling reality check

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by mathematrucker, Jan 16, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Don't try to count all the stars in the sky that you may see.

That 53 mark began to be used in the 90's as a identifying signal to law enforcement that you are pulling a trailer longer than 48' and in some towns like I think Rutland VT that's a NONO. You needed a permit for overlength in those early days before the 53 became generally accepted.

I have long forgotten the interior dimensions, It's going to be a touch less than 53 foot inside floor space. Not by much.

The California distance you referred to from your kingpin back your trailer tandems should slide at least that much forward to comply with California provided you stay within the 12, 34 and 34 of the 80000 pounds.

Another poster wrote that you need a Motor Carriers Atlas (Thank you) and that is one of the "Bibles" we rely on out there. I still have one somewhere and I can pretty much double check online and be sure these days. But it is a foundation for everything we do. But not the only book we used.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Woodstock, VT.

4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.