Loading unloading flatbeds dangers, tips, tricks and procedures

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by the gambler, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Quickfarms

Quickfarms Heavy Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I wear good boots and that has saved my ankles several times. I like those extendable ladders

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I have a bad habit of putting my hand slightly over over the end of the winch bar so the end of the bar is in the center of my palm. While tightening down I felt a sharp pinch and burning sensation then the ends of two fingers and thumb went numb. Been like that for a month now, what a drag, don't do that.

4. FTB530

FTB530 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    NOR CAL
    I have had loads of lumber that i put twice as many straps as required .... My own piece of mind. I worked for a guy once doing gas field pads and roads , we had two 215 excavators, the old dudw who hauled them from job site to jobsite would only put chains and binders across the back end of the tracks ,, i asked him one day why he didnt chain the front, he told me it isn't necessearry, one day he took a s turn in the road a little to fast and the 215 ended up on the road and side of the road in about 7 pieces, when i went out there to help clean up the driver ( Buzzy) looked at me And said don't say a word to me. I had to laugh at him, but the owner did 't laugh to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.