Loads from metal processing facilities

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by pavrom, Oct 19, 2018.

1. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Not exactly steel but speaking of Chitcago, Wheatland Tube also has a way of making you reevaluate all your life choices. Oh you wanted to move? Today? Yeah too bad we'll take the 5 minutes to load you if we get around to it and you better gtfo our property most ricky tick when we do. Tarped garbage loads are for the birds plain and simple.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. #wishfulthinking

#wishfulthinking Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Central Iowa
    I've loaded at Precision strip in Minster OH and Woodburn KY several times and got right in and out at both, I also load out of Alcoa in Newburgh IN frequently and I've only gotten screwed there a couple times, usually because something broke or someone got hurt.

4. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I've never had problems there except with a couple crane operators in the back bays on second shift. Rude fellas that feel like big men enforcing the rules to a "T". All the ladies in the office are nice people. I enjoy going there infinitely more than Camp Harrow.

The only thing I don't like about that place is the smell that comes off the garbage barges in the bay in the summer. And there isn't a safe place to park within an hour from there headed back up the I94/I90 that doesn't fill up by 5 pm.

snowman_w900, jamespmack and Tug Toy Thank this.
  5. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    When was the last time you were there? I went there this past week (been there about half a dozen times in the past year) and was loaded, tarped and actually GOT to leave in under 2 hours total (usually I'm run out of hours and have to stay the night on the property).

And they load everything with big Taylor forklifts now. It's pre-picked with smaller forklifts, stacked into three to four piles, then loaded onto the trailer in one shot, then you use their tarping machines to drape your tarps over the load. I'd load there every week if I could.

I was there a week before this past Christmas, and they invited all the drivers inside to share the meals they had for the staff Christmas party, and a lot of the staff sat with and talked to the drivers. It was a really great experience. I was there early in the day and got asked in for both the morning shift and late shift meals.

6. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Honestly, last time I was there was about 2 years ago. They were loading in about 4 lifts then too but good luck EVER getting to that point in the process. I've laid down 10hr breaks plus there after only being on the clock an hour or two and drove the nights after. All I can say is thank the Lord for paper. I couldn't imagine having to deal with their crock with an e log. You go off that property there's nothing for you but maybe a bullet in the head for a good long way in any direction.

snowman_w900 and jamespmack Thank this.
  7. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    You're right. The 168 door was the one with the rail in the middle. I think 64 might be the one all the way out back.

snowman_w900, jamespmack and Tug Toy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.