Loads with landstar

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by HvyHal Gam3ing, May 14, 2021.

1. serozhah

serozhah Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Whith your own mc number, I think you can get access to the loadboard and start hauling power only for jb hunt the same day. Thats more like my cup of tea.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Again your post shows you have ZERO first hand knowledge of how landstar works..

It took less than a week to get a deadacated run when I started..... 9 months later I found this 1.... when GM went on strike 2 1/2 years ago it took 1 day to fine a deadacated to fill in and that agent paid my fuel to drive 400 miles to get to it... when covid hit and GM shout down it took me 6hrs to fine a deadacated I liked to fill in till the plants opened back.... when 8 broke my ankle and was out for 2 months the agent found other trucks to cover for me.... the day the doctor released me I called the agent and i was back on my run the next day......

T.Rucker Thanks this.
  4. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Actually you mentioned a guy taking a 3 day load with only 1 day of driving and him sitting for 2 days. That is what I was referencing.

I'm glad you're happy at JB but you don't need to be coming here and spreading false info about a company you know nothing about.

5. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    I’m not a BCO, and I am not leased onto JB Hunt…

I can tell you hands down I would prefer to book loads with a Landstar agent than JB.

I have no heartache with JB at all really, however anything you mention as far as someone spending 3 days with a load for a 1 day drive or whatever is the fault of the person booking the load. They are very clear about pick up and delivery dates. Never had an issue. Often they are flexible on the pickup and delivery dates but I have never say with a load from them. I’ve had a JB employee tell me “I don’t think it matters if you deliver on Thursday or Friday” yet the rate con specifically says Thursday. Then a call to the receiver and they are saying if you don’t get here by 1:00 on Thursday you are going to have to wait a day to get unloaded. Well listen I am not trusting the “I don’t think they mind” dude over the clear cut rate con.
    They can also be vague on load details. I have some very specific questions I ask when calling on a load and often they have no idea. Landstar agent will know exactly what it is more often than not. Now I have been warned of some landstar agent so I have avoided them so maybe I have just missed out on some of thats fun.

Basically I’ve seen enough of both companies that I know if I wanted to lease on to someone it would not be JB and I have gotten some good JB loads.
    I’m talking open deck stuff. No idea how the dry van side of things are.

RStewart Thanks this.
  6. Robert gilley

Robert gilley Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2021
    Sounds like it's pay to play kind of a deal, I use to drive a taxi and it was the same way, I went broke because I wasn't gonna pay a dispatcher to do their job. I understand that this is the way things are and no one has work ethics anymore maybe that's part of the reason the ol great USA is not what it used to be

7. serozhah

serozhah Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2013
    I know i promoted JB Hunt in this thread a bit. Just wanted to update that in last 2 months JB Hunt went real down the hill. Most of the time when i get to a load that says preloaded trailer, shipper says they didnt have empty JB Hunt trailers and make me wait a long time to live load me. When you need a trailer, JB sends you like 250 miles to pick up an empty trailer that you could take to the shipper for your load. Rates now seem to suck, number of loads sucks. Also trailers are trashy. My current trailer only has pins locking on left side. Right side pins are slightly lower than the holes to lock the tandems and its a freaking spring suspension, not even air ride.

jsnell Thanks this.
  8. BosshogMCT

BosshogMCT Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2022
    Landstar is making 68% of that $8500? Or is it 65% I don't remember. $5780-$5525 gross to the truck. After truck, fuel, ins & maint + BS your left with around 40 of gross....On the high gross it's $2312 net. X .25% taxes = $578 - from $2312=( $1734 earnings ) both those runs = 2500 miles ÷ $1734=.69 per mile. If you want to run for Landstar go for it. It's all about your numbers people & what YOU do with them. It isn't what you make it's what you take!

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Right around $160K last year after taxes.

flood, runningman0661 and T.Rucker Thank this.
  10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    69 cpm after maintenance, fuel, truck payment, insurance and all other expenses? And after taxes ta boot? Yeah, you better go to Schneider.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    So my gross this week after Landstar was
    $7677.15 ( Six days )

Truck is $150 day @ 365 days a year ( repair and replacement, blue sky) So $900

Fuel and Def were $1,699.92.

SO

$7,677.15
    ------------------
    $5,077.92

My federal and state tax rate last year on $210K was 19%.

SO
    $5,077.92
    ------------------
    $4,112.76 to the good.

And this is the worst month.

I love poster's like your self. You spew utter nonsense with no facts.

I'm not in the money boast group. But I do so love to show guys like you the facts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.