Loads with landstar

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by HvyHal Gam3ing, May 14, 2021.

1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Well piss me a river.. what you think your the only one.....???

I've had worse than that happen so SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP because that still doesn't give you the right to be an ####### to all women...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Speaking of women, where does one find a woman to hang out on a 34 hour restart?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    it's great to see someone who has never worked of a company and had no direct experience with how the company does anything (you finally admitted it) have such strong OPINION about something they know nothing about...

A few things landstar has ZERO dispatchers....
    Landstar DOESN'T pay layover pay...
    Lots of agents don't list loads on the board because thay have a list of bco's that they work with and the bco calls them or they call a bco... like me.... i get 3-10 calls/text massages a day about loads BEFOR they list them on the board.....
    my deadacated load is never on the board... if I can't do 1 they have a list they'll call on.... mess up anything and you'll never pull it again.... I'm the one that the customer deals with daily and the agent...

5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    they tell you up front it takes 4 weeks (most are 3 weeks) so if you didn't plan on that that's your fault not theirs... and when you get to the inspection part you are 3-4 days from orientation... you didn't follow thru... thats on you..
    You tried again but now you have a ticket (that you didn't have the last time) so they want to wait that again is all on you not them

6. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    All depends on the area.. at times some areas its close to 100% of what I posted if you are canadian and need to go to Canada. All the same agency group racing to the bottom driving the rates down.. the truth is landstars load board numbers are BS when they have agency groups reposting the same load multiple times and they don't have the freight anyway. I have seen the same load reposted 14 times!!
    Most of what serozhah said about landstar is typical "I never leased on but I know all about Landstar" crap, but it's not all sunshine and rainbows either.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    O I never said it was all rainbows and unicorn farts....

Every company has its downside and every person is not a good fit for every company otherwise we wouldn't have the turnover rate

8. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    Rember most every one is working from home now. The maybe a unexpected delay.
    When I came from approved driver for 2years to bco it took 7 weeks. Took my buddy about 2 and a half weeks. Straight on from Pam.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    true but serozhah said the 1st time it was over 2 years ago

10. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    I wasn't taking sides, not my picnic not my ants. My statement was made for the new guy trying to get on.
    When the posts start reading like my sister and i are fighting I tend to just enjoy the show. Being a driver has really toughened my skin. I used to be knee deep in all the drama and now.....well now I'm married.

11. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    I think I was close to 2 months back in '17 but I was trying to do it while out on the road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.