Local Jobs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by landy77, Feb 2, 2011.

1. rockee

rockee Road Train Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Pacific Northwest
    Local Log Book.....aka....Time Card

Unless it's something "your company" makes you fill out. But as far as I ever knowed, there was/is only one log book.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have run a "local log book". It's actually called a Driver's Exemption Log Book. What it basically is is a book that is the same size as an OTR log book, but instead of a graph page for each day, each page covers a whole week (7 days) and has boxes for you to write in your start, stop, and intermediate break times for each individual day.

[​IMG]

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You're right OTR BFI's are for students too lazy to go out and really look for a job . They just flock to whoever is hiring .

CenutryClass Thanks this.
  5. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Yes, this is what I was refering to...they're so much more simpler than the OTR books...

6. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    I've never seen that before. When I ran P&D here we didn't have to fill anything out unless we went over 12 hours. Our time was kept by KRONOS. Not one to start an argument but the short haul exemption is 100 air miles - has nothing to do with total miles or road miles away from the terminal.

7. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    I have seen that log book at our place. mostly Xtra board drivers use them when they have no idea what they will be doing from day to day. I havent filled out a log in 15 years.

8. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    10-4.. I just started filling out a log again two weeks ago and it felt great..lol.. I'm finally back on line-haul after the yard experiment..lol.. Never again..

9. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Welcome back to the ark side brother. Does that mean you will be staying on the darkside now? lol

And our P&D drivers have to fill out daily logs as well

10. Ranger70

Ranger70 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Joliet Il
    I drove OTR for 6 months total, know I drive local, just had 1 year total in Oct. It can be done. I have never been one to listen to people that say it can't be done. If you do want to go local you have to look a little harder but there are jobs out there. Alot has to do with were you live as far as how many jobs are out there and pay. I think certain parts of the country pay alot less. So pay attention to that OTR may pay more. I make a decent amount more than I did OTR but I also have to drive in Chicago everyday and do a fair amount of unloading and loading myself so it all has its pros and cons or good and bad it all depends on what you are looking for. Goodluck.

RickG Thanks this.
  11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Landy77 was driving for KLLM and was last seen July 16 with this post .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.