Local Pay

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by virginianaples, Jul 6, 2016.

1. virginianaples

virginianaples Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2016
    I have a potential job offer for the regional 5 days out and 2 days off. My question is, if I stay there long enough and a local (home every night position) opens up and I take it, is the pay lower or higher? I know the otr Walmart drivers make $82,000/yr so what's the pay for the local drivers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Local pay is the same as otr. Most local runs are set runs and senior drivers get those. Only place I know that is different is the center point drivers. They are paid hourly. CA. may pay different as well for those drivers.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I drive local and I'm paid by the task. Take home is $800 to $850 week after insurance. 5 days. Home every night. Hourly is better I think. I would take home $1,000 driving mixer hourly for same amount of hours, but usually 6 days. Most local freight companies pay hourly, and I think that's better because then when someone's pallet jack isn't charged, load isn't ready, or the receiver just wants to do the dance of the sugar plum fairy for 15 minutes, your on the clock.
    All the receivers, and the shippers little things like this add 6 to 8 hours to my week that I don't get paid for.

5. Aaabbbccc

Aaabbbccc Light Load Member

As Drozzer said, pay is the same in term of mileage and activity . Home every night doesn't get layover, and probably less miles per day, so it's probably gonna be less. As he said, these are senior drivers, who've put in their time and don't care about a little less pay in exchange for being home. At my DC , go home run takes 17-20 years to hold it.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.