Local Work in OKC

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Subzero1985, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subzero1985

Subzero1985 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    I just moved to Midwest City, OK which as many of you know is very close to Oklahoma City. I am looking for a local driving position where I can be home every night or every other night. I don't mind staying gone over night but I believe one or two nights a week in the truck is more than enough. Does anyone know of any good local companies in or around this area that aren't to picky and don't have requirements that only a saint could meet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teflondave

teflondave Light Load Member

May 22, 2012
    harwood, md
    try braum's ice cream...their plant is in the okc area and drivers dispatch and run out of there...home daily...my buddy has been driving for them for 6yrs and loves it...only drawback is all dels are driver unload...

4. Subzero1985

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    Ill check it out, Thanks for the info. I don't mind the driver unload, I can surely use the exercise. I landed a job here with JB Hunt which is a local position hauling feed out to customers wherever they may be. Home every night and off on the weekends. Doesn't sound like a bad deal but I don't know if I want to work for ole JB. I have heard some bad things about that company. Does anybody have any info on this?

5. Subzero1985

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    This is the only input I can get on a local position in OKC? Wow? I was expecting a little more than that...

6. stanman63

stanman63 Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2008
    newalla ok
    you have haz-and tanker

7. Subzero1985

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    Yes, I have both. I have had the Tanker endorsement for a while now. Upon arrival here I went and got my HM.

8. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    How about oilfield? Waste management? Stericycle if you are a minority. Have you checked with the local LTL outfits?

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try this : Careerbuilder.com

It will list everything available based on what you enter for a trucking job search.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.