Log book shenanigans

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Brucesmith, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I will expand on the guy with a basement office. He was a ocean show with 3 used trucks and 2 trailers. Everything seemed OK un til I wanted to seethe truck. It was a fleet truck. Well used. The webasto would not work. The interior lights turnrd off at random. Fridge full of mold. Worst part was the moose bumper was held on with a load strap tied with knots. I told him I would take one run if he removed the moose bumper. Trip was a disaster . Waited 2 days for a reload. The screen on the reefer was partially dead. The unload in. Winnipeg was 2 days after my arrival. This is typical of the small outfits run by New Canadians. They take the loads everyone else refuses. The teucks are never maintained and serviced by useless mechanics. In Winnipeg there are some decent outfits owned by New Canadians. Some have shops and good equipment. Many are team only or they do not hire anyone that is not punjabi

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    It's a good paying job as a cross border company driver AB-CA.
    Solo or team position available. Best for a Calgary or Red Deer resident.
    Solid carrier focused on safety. Benefits after 90 days.
    I would drive for them anytime before even thinking about any other carrier.
    The requirement for double vax comes from the 2 governments.
    You can find out how good of a driver you are pretty quick.
    After the first call from Safety.
    That's when most of the super truckers discover what 'pathetic' really means.
    And they are going to other carriers ASAP.
    Good for them.

4. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    OK. Good luck.

5. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    It's not foodservice. It's a cross border drop & hook. And it's western provinces.
    If you can't live with that revenue as a company driver you may have a life style problem.
    I'm not judging. But life will make you adjust your expectations pretty soon.
    There won't be any rainbows and lollipops in 2022.
    Record bankruptcies and consumer proposals, more likely.

6. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    It also depends in home t8me and miles per month and how you live in the road and your right it's not a bad salary

7. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    The 6 weeks on/1 week off was for a team drivers schedule where they were moving back East with a load and taking their tractor home for a week.
    I call this an exceptional understanding company who values their participation in their operation.
    The take your job and shove it attitude amazes me.
    They make an offer and you are free to accept it or not.
    You can reject it anytime you want.
    I did 40X3100 miles AB-CA rounders in 43 weeks time.
    124kmiles for 70k CAD including vacation pay.
    That makes .0565 CPM all work included.
    A full year would have been another 7weekX3100 milesX..565CPM=12260 CAD.
    Their rate increased this year by 5CPM.
    They offer a job and you apply if you qualify.
    You have a lot of competition in the job market.
    If you think otherwise, you could be wrong.

8. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    You are at least $0.14 [14 cents] too low. And that's AS a company driver not an IC.
    A 2 bedroom apt in a not so affluent area in the hammer just went to $2350.00 a month.
    To make the same amount of money I made in the 70's I'd need $2500.00 gross a week.

A few of the older folks were out back talking and we were wondering where all the money comes from to live, For ex. $2350 for rent, $750 car payment, $200 a month for gas and havn't even bought lunch yet.
    And forget about owning your own house on $70,000 a year unless it's a shack in the woods somewhere.

9. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I would never take that shove attitude when applying for a job. But in today's world being a team for 6 weeks straight is ridiculous. Especially for that meager salary. I actually thought the post wad from a troll
    Sorry but anyone expecting you to be out for 6 weeks is living in the past. Slave labour.

10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Absolutely illegal, you cannot advance a load using PC. Period, end of story.

11. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I turned down a 6 week out 1 off job doing teams. On a bad week they are grossing $2500 with full benefits. I want the pay for my family but to only be home 6 times a year kind of defeats the purpose.
    At $70k I would be just making it while never seeing my family. Why would anyone agree to do that job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.