Log book Violation

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Trouble65, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Temptinfates, don't you know that all good trucker stories begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s***!"

Even if it wasn't a true story, that would be funny to see! 'Local LEO buried under ping pong balls!'

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ptropixxx

ptropixxx Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2010
    SOUTH-FLORIDA
    i wish i can see that Face :biggrin_25513:of the inspector:biggrin_2559:

4. Temptinfates

Temptinfates Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Yeah, that vision is always with me..(even if it was a tale). Makes me smile. It also makes me want a load like that sometimes. To be honest, I've been treated fairly well by most DOT men/women. Most of them are just doing their jobs. Some go overboard. But, for the most part, they have been OK with me. Having said that, I hope nothing changes that.

Too bad they don't stop trains and inspect those trailers for possible shifting loads, drugs, and illegals, and other service affecting issues--I must be dreaming again..sigh
    Temptinfates

5. ethridgejk

ethridgejk Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2011
    No they wont throw the ticket out because of that im a former police officer and can tell you i had many mistakes on many occasions and the judge will not make his ruling based on a small error. But if you plea your case about the time zones he may be a little more leniate.

6. skim

skim Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    interesting topic here... thanks for sharing

7. jimtruker54

jimtruker54 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2007
    texas
    sounds more like Germany 1930's/1940s

8. full moon

full moon Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2010
    in arizona june 6 2011 d.o.t inspection on I40. got busted false logs. did a pm service on the truck. took 3hrs. had 2.5hrs left on my 70hr rule. i logged 1hr in the shop . 1hr on line 1. well d.o.t called t/a asked what my time in time out was they volunteered the info. didnt match my log book busted. So they took it a step farther. made a delivery in albuquerque sat in a dock for 5hrs. I arrived at reciever 2pm and i logged it . sat in a dock 5hrs . left at 7:15. busted again. They called the reciever to verify my time in.and time out. I logged 1hr unload time. put the other remaining time on line 1. they informed me all that time was to be logged on line 4. So now i owe 500.00 false logs. basically they took my bills a verified my time in and time out . it better match.hope you learn from my mistake . gud trucking

123456 Thanks this.
  9. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    I like this guy. Keep up the good work. I know its an old post, but oldies are the best.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    123456 Thanks this.
  10. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    When you were at the T/A, unless you were doing the actual PM yourself it can and should be logged on Line 1. Just a flag or log showing the minutes when you check in and again when you pay the bill. But if those flags/logs don't match your receipt, that's why you got dinged.

As for the time at the dock, it sounds like another case where you logged it wrong. A flag/log when you check in and again when you leave. Any time you're not required to be on the dock you should log on line 2, and that is legal. In some cases, it can be logged on line 1 if they have a designated waiting area, but you're safe logging line 2 (so long as you have a sleeper and that is where you were).

This also raises the issue of the time shown on receipts. You should look at the time on any receipt you receive to ensure it is correct. Personally, I would challenge any receipt, and especially any time given verbally, as not accurate/certified... in court, not at the roadside.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  11. dave26027

dave26027 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    I'll deny entry into my truck and watch it towed before I let you in, with no disrespect intended, I'll put my fourth amendment SOP against yours anyday. What has happened to the presumption of innocence here? If you are inspecting the function of restraints and controls in my cab and sleeper, I will be happy to politely assure you that they work correctly. Your suspicions are not probable cause. Am I correct? Oh- and my dog WILL bite you, I stuffed some of my old Police uniforms with rags and trained him to destroy anything with nametags and patches on it. In the end, I may be saving you from serious bodily damage. But, seriously- I am a peaceful and cooperative average citizen and would be proud to help you do your job while you stand in the summer heat wearing Kevlar on the step of my tractor, with traffic rushing past your left side.
    And, seriously, you have a tough job, Thank You sincerely for serving the public.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.