Log book violations

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Mikesuburban1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I knew nothing about PSP, CSA etc. All of which were carefully not taught me until decades later.

I would have loved to know about that back at 21, it would have provided me with more ammunition to tell a itchy dispatcher to essentially "F-off" with those impossible missions that you cannot log legally.

Yes I get a little crude now and then, Ive always appreciated how simple english applied just so in two little words in the right context can eliminate a bad dispatcher from loading you illegally.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Actually it was me and I beat it , bobtail personal conveyance , the speed warn stuck tho.
    If I understand now a warning ticket is just as bad as a regular ticket , watch out in Indiana I think the stats say they write more CMV violations than any state.

4. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I had a driver get caught at the Malta, MT scale one time. Forgot to include his previous seven (vacation). 4 hrs driving total since coming off vacation. Instant 10 hrs OOS. No fine.

Did help get us an audit from DOT, too....

Oxbow, Cabinover101 and Timin770 Thank this.
  5. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Never show DOT Officer Friendly more than is required! In the U.S. previous 7 plus current day in Canada previous 14 plus current day. Use your"Roadside Inspection" option on your ELD! It locks it out and only shows them what is required

Concorde and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Thanks. I just went to DOT inspection mode and you’re correct, they get 7 days + current day.
    On my end I can see 14 days and just assumed DOT could also.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  7. Capacity

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Buddy just got a clean full blown inspection and they hit him with a no manual to operate the ELD TICKET , a word to the wise here , in Mississippi.

8. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    YES They Will!!! You must have it, and show it when asked for it AND be able to EXPLAIN it to the officer or can get a ticket :)
    You must ALSO carry a BLANK PAPER log book in case the ELD fails

9. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    Your Welcome. If you show them more, that's just more opportunity for them to look for a violation and write you a ticket and/or give you some nice CSA points. I was DOT'ed at the Indiana scale on I-74 coming out of Ohio and when the officer was going through my HOS, much to his dismay, he said WOW you got this locked out and I can only see the previous 7 days ;)

Concorde Thanks this.
  10. Capacity

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    My outlaw days my LB stayed in the truck unless they asked for it , probably threw up a red flag , but what didnt we drivers are red flags:(

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  11. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    Outlaw days? A: What log book? = Officer in Missouri didn't find that very amusing :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.