log violation quetions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ridinrob, Jul 21, 2012.

1. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

That is where the planning comes in,you account for delays,unforeseen problems,weather.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Thanks for the "wise advice" //sarcasm/ Anybody who has never ran into a "situation" is not giving it his/her 'all', far too often.

4. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    I never have to take a reset either. I recap mine. And I'm on paper logs so if need be, I can fudge here or there. But to say that proper pre trip planning is always going to account for any issue you may run into is a bit niave, IMO. Sometimes s@*t happens. That's all there is to it. Shippers, receivers etc... for the most part don't care about you're 14 hour clock, let alone you're 70. Personally, I don't log more than 15 minutes on line 4 for any time spent loading or unloading. But I know some drivers that feel they need to log it as it happens. And on e logs, I have no idea how that crap works.

Busasamurai Thanks this.
  5. ShootThis

If they offer you a load that is going to take you 36 hrs to complete and you have 38 hrs left you gonna accept it?

6. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    All this to the point, E-logs is scam by the government to get truckers to quit. D.O.T fought against it and won, D.O.T: 1 The system: 0
    I'll cheat everything but a fuel stop, unless I want to piss sales off. 10 hours allowed a day, unless I didn't get fuel, it may not be right.... unless I can change it and keep the fuel stop.

Driver, you are screwed. Request a swap with someone that has the hours, don't put your job on the line for an effed up appointment.

7. ShootThis

Did not say it would be 100% fool proof but it will save you a lot of headaches and time.How many drivers have you seen stuck doing resets for running 11 hrs a day when not necessary.Anything you do to keep from running out of hours is proper planning.You apparently do planning as you never have to reset.

8. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i reset once in last 43 days and only did then waiting on tyson
    you need to be proberly dispatched also
    have 26 hours left tommorow
    i am underutilized.....sigh

9. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Can you wait for midnight?

Do you get any hours back tomorrow?

10. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Uhm no sorry Qcom has no "lets just violate the law button"

There is no extension of the 70 hour rule in the regulations I know of. Can you cite the source for this?

11. LaBubba

LaBubba Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Bastrop,LA
    You can't drive past your 70 without getting a violation.If you are at the DG before your 70 runs out you can work as long as you like unloading the trailer.You just can't drive again until you gain some hrs.back.You will get the violation light/message if you go over on line 3.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.