log violation quetions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ridinrob, Jul 21, 2012.

1. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    You forgot the part where they are horrible.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Drop and hook is 15 minutes, no more. Live load or unload is half hour, no more. (as I was trained) even if you sit at the dock for 8 hours, like I did lasterday...

My friend got a new elog truck. Had five hours left when he rolled into his loading appointment 15 minutes early. Well they took 8 hours to load him and booted him off the property!

Nice!

Mikeeee

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    what the goverment does well is grow
    imagine what the unemployment rate would be
    if we fired all goverment employees

5. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Kraft has done that to me.

I told the guard to sign a piece of paper telling me I was prohibited from staying on the property.

Some reason, the topic was dropped and I was left alone for 10 hours.

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s1813/text

Might want to check that.

http://www.overdriveonline.com/negotiators-reach-tentative-deal-on-highway-bill/?pg=2

http://www.overdriveonline.com/obama-signs-long-awaited-highway-spending-bill/?pg=1

Now I know what your gonna say. They pulled spending right? Ah but this is where you must pay attention. If you go through the bill it authorizes transfer of funds from "other agencies".

So listening sessions about them? Done and paid for NHTSA. Feasibility study? Done by the NTSB.

Like them or not they will be law inside two to three years.

They are also spending money on a dock detention study.:biggrin_2554:
    Passed an amended version of Jason's Law removing CWP reciprocity and leaving the definition of adequate parking to yet another series of studies by state agencies.
    And increased the Federal weight exemption on APU's to 550lbs.

7. turnanburn

turnanburn Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2011
    central Vermont
    The house voted to not fund elogs. The senate has yet to go along with this. As things are going now, yes, give it a little time and electronic logs will be required. However, a change in control of the senate and/or change of the POTUS MIGHT see a move towards less regulation. Also remember that the big players are pushing hard for them.

8. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Then why aren't the bigger players (all the drivers) pushing against them? (and yes, I have been bending my congrush critters ears on the subject.)

9. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    Getting confused... you'd think it would be D.O.T to fight E-logs.

"Driver, let me see your book."
    See the sticker?
    "Move along..."

So its the house that's not funding it, FOR ONCE, A BRANCH OF OUR GOVERNMENT DOES SOMETHING RIGHT!

10. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Because some see no problem with better technology being used to enforce Federal Regulations on public roads. In addition not only drivers or companies get to decide what those regulations are.

Yeah they voted not to fund it. What funds are required though is the pertinent question. Most if not all of the expenditures for enacting this regulation as far as the Agency is concerned has already been spent.

And for those believing this has anything to do with the Cirque de Sade being played out for you this all started back under Clinton, pushed by Bush, applauded by the Obamanation.......... Enjoy the spectacle it is for your benefit.

11. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Because drivers aren't bigger players. When it comes to politics, cash is where it's at. You really think politicians give a hoot about phone calls?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.