Log violations

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by mangocat1, Aug 22, 2013.

1. mangocat1

mangocat1 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    SoCal
    Still getting the red lights...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Passed 3 scales in WA the other day. 2 times with 15, 000 lbs in box, once with dispatcher brains (air). All 3 had highway sensors to preweigh and it's perfectly obvious I'm not overweight, yet all 3 pulled me to run the scale. I'm starting to look at other companies with better CSA scores so I can keep out of the coops and protect myself.

IDC knows the problem but the only action I've seen is some pleading on the Qcomm. They need to A: fire the troublemakers (after attempting to fix via log classes); B: Switch to ELOG. C: Start incentives for clean inspections (extra truck wash, whatever).

Now someone will say " they're supposed to switch at xxx time" (1st of the year, next quarter, whatever). To quote Game of Thrones: "Words are wind".

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  4. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    IDC is going to e-logs in 2014. There is an e-log fleet now working out the bugs.

5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    My husband started with paper logs and ran them with 2 different companies; he now is on e-logs and it is probably less time consuming then the paper logs. You just have to remember to go on and off duty, sleeper berth etc. They do carry paper logs because once in awhile, there would be some sort of a glitch that would kick the qualcomm out, and to be safe the paper logs were filled out and sent in, so keep up on your paper log skills is a must.

The e-logs also work to the advantage of the driver in that dm's cannot force you to go over on your hours like they use to. It also should make load planners more mindful of the hours you have to drive or not drive when they pull load orders, but you still have to watch that to make sure. And don't let dm's tell you they will take the hit on hos violations if you have to move for some reason when you are out of hours, they may take a hit, but so will you and it will count on you worse.

He also worked at one company that had to pull into every weigh station also instead of prepassing. It is a pain for those who do keep up their trucks and try to drive legal and time consuming. This company was because of many different violations, including wrecks, etc. Companies are to blame for some of the problems through their hiring practices and training and lack of skilled drivers. It puts all drivers at a disadvantage because you are all lump summed together with one and all guilty.

Paloma Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.