Loggin on "Line 3" for TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Blind Dog, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Cyclesdalecummins07

Cyclesdalecummins07 Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2011
    slidell, la
    ok whomever it was was hauling what you just said looked like steel slinky, and I just saw another one of yalls trucks on my way home tonight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Very possible. Slinky loads are very common with alot of carriers. When I drove through Houston, you wouldnt believe all the slinkys I saw.

4. pokerperv

pokerperv Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    Glad its going good for you, the trucking school im going thru in Michigan works with TMC, im looking at all info about them and i like what ive seen and read about TMC. Are you going to take the 23% or you going cpm? They say 80% of drivers take the percentage, thanks for the updates and how you like it keep us updated as much as you can Thanks. Keep safe out on the road everybody.

5. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Hey guy. Thanks for the questions. I'm going to be on the percentage plan, for various reasons. TMC will give you the option to go with either plan. They wont force.anything o n you. Part of your on road training is to fill out a form that compares the two plans. You will see that % is the way to go. At least in my opinion. The 23% is ONLY for the 1st month. After that the sky is the limit. We are getting unloaded now at a shipping dock that requires a TWIC card. As for liking it.....I'm still in the training phase. Im sure it will be a different world when Im solo. I can tell you this, its MORE work than I ever :biggrin_255: it would be. Im glad I chose flatbed and not dry van. You've got alot more physical activity in flatbed. Life on the rpad is what YOU are.gonna make it. You can "rough it" or you can live good

6. bubba455

bubba455 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Lebanon Township, NJ
    Hey! Jerz dear God when did you snap that photo!? Since I got my truck last week I've been over the GW about 3 times and I've not seen it like that! LOL

I went with the percentage plan as well, you can't beat it. There has already been a day when I got 2 quick short runs that paid well to the truck. If you went with mileage you would have gotten hammered.

Aside from that 23 is what you start at, if you can't make 25 by the time they take a look at your first snapshot you're doing it wrong in my opinion. They give you every opportunity to get a higher percentage.

Sooo this was my first full week on my own and whoa you think you're overwhelmed in training?! LOL I mean I've been fine during the week but when it comes to Thursday/Friday trying to get that home load the math that runs through your head can get a little crazy!

If any advice I can give you, make your trainer have you back the truck then back some more!! My trainer was awesome! He had me do over 70 angle backs when we were stopped on the weekends and I ended my training time with over 197 total backs.

It paid off this past sunday, in the pouring rain in Conn I had to angle back in what was a hurricane!! I smoothed it on my first shot!

DevilDog79 Thanks this.
  7. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    That sounds great. Its neen tough getting backs in. Theres plenty of straight line backs, however the angle backs are few. Mostly blind side angle. At the end of our day, we are usually wore out. In my opinion, it seems we are to unorganized. Not enough planning for the day. Gps is cool, but turn that stupid thing off and lets think things through. It just feels like we' re alwas scrambling. For instance....after you get loaded with 48,000 lbs, go scale the load. While there to scale, take a showee. Do whatever needs doing, then you dont have to worry anymore about a shower OR somewhere to shut xown for your 10. Im not starting anything, Im just saying.

8. Trucker Smith

Trucker Smith Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    Blind Dog are you Line-haul OTR or Dedicated?

9. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Hey guy. I dont know the difference between line haul or otr. Im supposed to be home 46 out of 52 weekends. I have been home every weekend since Ive been with my trainer. Its been very good so far. Just my personality, Im a loner type A.

10. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Another day logged, another day on I75. We are running teams now. Ive finished my line 3 for the day. My trainer is gonna bring it the rest of the way to the consignee, in Wisconsin. Dont know where we are headed from there. Ive asked for east coast or north east. We shall see. The weather is nice and alot cooler up here. Everybody be safe. Let the dummies have the left lane.

11. mfkb

mfkb Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    summerville, sc
    Over the road is out 2 or 3 weeks at a time before heading home. Sometimes more.

Blind Dog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.