Loggin on "Line 3" for TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Blind Dog, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Im camping out in a shopping center parking lot. Its very quiet. No van drivers idling their engines. It seems all week that Im behind the power curve and chasing my tail. All because of the mountains in west virginia. I need to wash the truck, and myself. Its tough being a rookie out here on uour own. I went over on my 14 by 45 minutes. It took me that long just to find somewhere to park. I have always heard that the first 6 months is the hardest. So far Im loving it, but its. WHOLE lot harder than I ever thought it would be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jeff1971

jeff1971 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah Blind I am getting that overwhelmed feeling as I get closer to that day. Just one more week left. Gonna face the challenge head on but #### there has been a lot to learn. Figure I will probably just stand there for a few minutes looking at my first load going "now what" !! We are about to deliver in Minster,OH. See you on the road somewhere bro!

4. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Hey Jeff, yeah, now what??? Its actually been not that bad. Almost all TMC drivers have been friendly and helpful. Use your white binder for load securement problems. Im not complaining at all... flat bedding is harder work than I ever thought. I still dont think much of some van drivers though.

5. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
    maybe next week your sunday at home will get a little shorter.we all know sundays are our mondays now. keep your head up, and you only go over your time if your log says you did..lol

Blind Dog Thanks this.
  6. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    I tell you the truth, I wont go home next time with a long run hanging over me if it means Im gonna chase my tail for the rest of the week. I was dispatched a big paying load from southern.Indiana to upstate NY. I tried to get to the shipper but the road was closed for repairs. So, I got sent on a different load. Menards. Picked up waaaay up in northern Ohio, delivers in southern Indiana. Didnt make it on time to load though. Way to long of a bounce on 2 lane farm roads. Oh well. Im down for 10. Be safe guys.

7. jeff1971

Jan 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Well trainer told me today that he will tell my training coordinator that I am ready to go a week early. Funny considering the overwhelmed feelings but I have always wanted and liked a challenge. So we will see how it goes when we call Jamie after our 10. Be safe everyone!!

8. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Jamie was my coordinator too. I also got out of the truck a week early. In my opinion, 4 weeks is plenty of time. What are you going to do if you stayed the extra week? Just run teams and make uour trainer more money. No, you need to get solo and start making YOUR money. Its not that hard, you just dont have the extra driver to drive when needed. You'll be fine Jeff. Use your white binder, and ask questions when needed.

jeff1971 Thanks this.
  9. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Oh Jeff, did you drive to orientation?

10. jeff1971

Jan 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    No I flew to orientation. I also agree with your last post. The training pay hurts bad lol. June 1 comes and I will be sitting pretty. I cashed out my 401k from the police department. The last few weeks have been fun but stressful on that alone. I also told myself what other load could I possibly see? Trainer says we could spend another week doing the same stuff we have already. I am excited. We'll see when I call Jamie back in a hour

11. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Im sure you'll do fine. Release is way to easy. The road test, cmon. Easy driving in DesMoines, and a 45 angle back. Thats all there is. Oh, the "written" exam is a joke. You dont even put your name on it. I think they have you.take it to kill time while they are getting you set up. Donf be suprised if you have to go to Indy to get your truck. Remember what George said, you have to have the mind set that YOU are a 1 truck trucking company. My biggest problem now is finding the time to get my filthy truck washed!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.