Loggin on "Line 3" for TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Blind Dog, Apr 21, 2012.

1. crittertn

crittertn Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    TN
    It does say how much each load pays the truck.

DC804 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I work for Melton

4. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Tell me about them. How do they treat you, HOME TIME, pay, the usual stuff. I got detained, again, for hours yesterday at the shipper. Zo I was forced to max out my clock, which means I cant move until 10am. So, theres no way to make my 8 am delivery. Zo the fm pushed it back till 1500, and made the 2nd drop for 0800 monday. I was really hoping for more home time rhen that. So, Im not gonna leave out sunday afternoon like they want me to. Ill leave out monday morning and it will get there when it gets there. Im sick of never being home. I mean never. Home weekends, really? A weekend for me is friday afternoon till monday morn, maybe sunday evening. Maybe.

5. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Crittertn your being awful quiet about all this. Tell me hows your job working out for you?

6. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
    I dont know why they have a hard time getting you home becouse the guy that lives down the road from me is home every fri by 2pm like clock work ( always) and just today i saw two tmc trucks waiting to be unloading in apex by the JDL were i was unloading ( granted they were still waiting after i was done unloading mine) but none the less they were in nc, also saw another tmc broke down on 64 east by wendell, so that makes 3 tmc just around my area that seemed to have frieght for nc. I think your Fm is do you wrong on purpose. and let me say again the tmc that live less than a mile away never, never misses a weekend at home....

7. crittertn

crittertn Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    TN
    Things are good for me. Luckily I guess I got a good FM. I get home just about every weekend. Of course weekends are friday night to sunday afternoon or saturday morning to monday morning. Wont get home until tomorrow morning but will have a load that delivers hour and a half from home so leave early monday. This has been a good week. First time in a while I got 5 loads on and off. Only had 1 bad wait and they couldnt unload because of a lightning storm. Short bounces most of the week which is unusual but I'll take it. And only 2 tarp loads. Last week I had tarps every day. Good week

8. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Man. Blind Dog. I had the same problem as you when I worked for TMC. 90% tarped loads (I think they paid $10 for tarp at the time). And 75% weekends out. It seemed like a slap in the face. I trusted home time info they advertised. I even spoke to other drivers who were happy and said they were home very weekend.
    I think they give preference to the veteran drivers and the newbe gets the leftovers which may mean stayin out.

I feel for ya man. I've been in your shoes.

9. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Everyone's entitled to there opinion. Being fat and lazy is a life choice. Anyone can eat right and find time to exercise. I've only done flatbed for a few months. But man, lots of waiting on line and physical work that does'nt seem to be compensated for. The 14 hr. clock was always the problem, not the 11hr. You definately need more showers and tend to get to the showers late and wait on that line. Really did'nt see a difference in earnings.

All I'm saying, if ya only have done flatbed, you may be selling yourself short. Just my opinion.

10. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I have hauled horse, pulled a reefer, and now I'm at tmc polling a flatbed. Flatbed here outdoes all of it. My gross this week was way way over 1000.

dan6414 Thanks this.
  11. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Thing is to, everybody will question my numbers. I have all my numbers on my laptop on a spreadsheet format tmc has on there website for employees. Great tool to keep track of OOR miles and everything else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.