Logging Multiple Days Off

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by kwforage, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Can't answer about the "generic" logs you can buy but my "company policy" has you put the day you began your off time, then also has a box for how many days you were off. Have had no problems with DOT yet over that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Nope, ssbowles stated one had to when responding to another's post without regard to a company, unless he is familiar with every poster and what company they worked for. He gave a generic answer which most would interpret to mean he believes the regs call for this which they do not.

And it makes it harder to find at the beginning of one month compared to the end of the last, or for that matter in a pile of individual sheets as compared to finding any other day or days??

Those days never were concerning the regs. Log "books" have never been required much less one for each month. Monthly kept books do tend to help on taxes and the ease of find thing though.

Best regards

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I have worked at several companies that have the company policy as shown by my post. Logs shall never cross a month. The regs have no such restriction, but one must always know what the company requires. It is why I mention it.

I only referenced to the way it used to be. However, I run loose leaf for years. There used to be a time when the dot frowned on loose leaf.

At the end of each month, I put the entire month in order, staple it and file it away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.