Lone mountain SCAM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Debal, Jul 5, 2017.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So you had a truck running for 2 years and no money saved up for major repairs and this is lone mountains problem? Wow. Does anyone in this industry talk responsibility for their own poor decisions?
    After 2 years it was either your driving style or simple age. Nothing for the seller to get involved with.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JHoovestol

JHoovestol Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    I'll definitely try to post more on TTR.

@scythe08 that's great to hear, I guess I can't be too mad at debal if the thread he started helped me sell a truck!

Jarhed1964, Lepton1 and scythe08 Thank this.
  4. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I know I leased a truck from them and won't do it again. The trucks are fleet trucks from mega carriers so they just do the minimum maintenance. They know they're selling the trucks in 3 years. Mine had major engine problems (Carbon Packing). Not detectable by a dyno. Oil was changed every 45,000 miles.
    One thing lone mountain does that's shady is after you sign the lease the number rings to Cresco Capital, their finance arm. I took the truck back for some repairs and noticed the driveshaft u bolts were loose. Only hand tight. They had just put a clutch in.
    you really need a 60 day warranty on something like that. They only give 3 days. Buyer Beware.

Jarhed1964, James j and PAtruckerlife Thank this.
  5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Is that right? Are you serious about getting the truck back and refunding it a 100% ? WOW! I am asking, because I have never heard about a dealer to do anything like that. On the other hand, even though the op was not very descriptive and scolded for not being too eloquent at first, I feel for him, because this is exactly what I have seen with my own eyes when people were sold sh---it and the dealers were shrugging their shoulders making stupid excuses, offered little or no help. Resembling nobody but blatant swindlers. I am old enough to believe the op more than you sir. However, if what you are saying is indeed true, then forgive me, maybe there are honorable and ethical truck dealeres somewhere.

Jarhed1964 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    There is more than a few truck dealer that will make things right no matter what i just had on two days ago the guys clutch went out 3000 miles after he bought the truck was working perfectly fine he brought it to my shop and i suggested to give the salesman a call he asked me for pics and an estimate they said they wouldnt be able to cover the whole job but gave him all the parts he just had to pay the labor, so instead of being 2500 he only paid 800. He didn't have to do this but the sales manager was interested in having a return customer and good refferals i know if anyone comes to my shop and they are in the market for a truck there is only 3 to 4 dealer i suggest for them to go with because of things like in this instance.

7. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    If he was a shady truck sales guy he wouldn't come on here and post his info. Then put his offer in writing for the whole world to see. He says he is the GM so he should have all the clout nessasary to make it happen. I trust this sales guy way more than I trust the OP. In this particular senecio with the limited info available to me. I meet a lot of sketchy O/O out here on the road.

8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    A REAL inspection would have found that

If you only do a dyno thats on you

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Had a guy buy a panel van from me once off of Craigslist. $1k as is where is. He came and looked and drove. I reminded him 3 or 4 times that it's just an old junker van but it runs and drives. He couldn't give me the full asking price fast enough. Called me two days later that the check engine light was on. I reminded him it was as is where was with no warranty.

But I said bring it over to my house and we will take a quick look. He brought it over and the MAP sensor was UNPLUGED (I could see in the dust where someone was touching the plug) He said his wife wanted him to get his money back..... lol. I plugged the map sensor back in patted him on the head and sent him on his way. He was a truck driver by the way.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  10. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Was there licking marks on the window?

11. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Not true. I had excessive oil consumption and took the truck to Cummins in San Antonio. They checked EVERYTHING and couldn't find anything. They suspected carbon packing but the only way to check for it is to disassemble the engine. I had to sign a release.
    End result was an in-frame overhaul at 545,000.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.