Lone mountain story

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Old Man, Jul 28, 2017.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Well the finance company needs him to work. They are a partner in his company.
    Normally they are willing to delay payments for a few months.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    manufacturers if any is left otherwise third party 50k but can upgrade to 200k

77fib77 Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    lone mountain/cisco will MAYBE roll 1 payment to the back end

77fib77 Thanks this.
  5. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    As the op the post was meant to show how fast a used truck can go south. Just a look at the real word, not how you planned it on paper.

Most that buy from LM do so because they don't have the ability to buy elsewhere.

Used trucks from any source are a crap shoot. Buying one on a shoestring budget is setting up failure. The guy in the video is getting so far behind I doubt he will recover.

Warranty is great but then the dealer can't get parts and cost you more time , how many could survive starting like that?

Several time a week a wannabe OO post their plan, but they never plan for a event like the guy in the video, I would be willing to be 25% or more people that buy used trucks go broke before they have time to get on their feet.

They have little or no knowledge of their trucks systems and neither do a lot of mechanics. Number one fatal mistake is to take the truck to the dealer and say fix it without being involved. At up to $150 a hour it don't take long to run up a big bill and not get things fixed.

Dave_in_AZ and SL3406 Thank this.
  6. DanDeMan

DanDeMan Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Seems that it turned out okay for the driver.

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Can't wait for his "full opinion" on Lone Mountain ;-)

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  8. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, that really wasn't much of an opinion, more of a synopsis of the process ;-)

Broke Down 69 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  10. Big Rob71

Big Rob71 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2016
    The driver in the video had a NTP warranty that took care of the repair.....

11. chasedog

chasedog Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Question to the board:

If i lease a brand new truck from Lone Mountain on a 5-year zero balloon payment at the end, meaning i own the truck outright upon my 60th monthly lease payment, do i then have to pay sales tax? And if i do, is that tax based on the value of the truck when the lease commenced 5 years ago or is it on the value of the truck at the end of the lease? And is the sales tax paid to the state Lone Mountain purchased the truck in, or is it payable to my state of residence?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has these answers. I have been googling this and can't find much on it. Lone Mountain is a little unclear with their answers on this issue.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.