Lone Mountain Truck....financing ????

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by MNdriver, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Drake.r

Drake.r Light Load Member

May 15, 2015
    It's a 2017 w900 it had about 700 miles on it when I got it from lone mountain in Iowa I'm assuming those were miles put on it transporting it from the kenworth point of origin
    I've had a couple minor problems like the switch for the heater going out but I just called the nearest kw dealer and they got me right in and fixed it nothing out of pocket except for offroute fuel to get there
    My transaction with lone mountain was incredibly easy and fast I'd say from the time I grabbed my bags at baggage claim to the time I was pulling off their property was about 2 hours and I got exactly what I reserved and wanted a brand new under warranty great running good looking piece of equipment

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captbob412

Captbob412 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Lake City, Florida

4. Captbob412

Captbob412 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Lake City, Florida
    I know this is 7 years past the post, but here's my experience: I leased a 2017 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution with 280 miles on it in January 2017. I had excellent credit with $20,000.00 in the bank after driving 5 years with USX.
    I elected to go with Landstar. It took Landstar 5 weeks to accept all my paperwork, get my decals, permits etc.
    In the meantime no income, and by the time I got through Orientation I had almost $10,000.00 in the bank.
    So check with the company you want to go with about length of admin time!
    Btw, Lone Mountain was a pleasure to work with and my tractor was paid off 2 years ago. And I love Landstar after 7 years of driving for them!

5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    it has nothing to do with l9ne mountain... that's landstar.. avg. time to get on with landstar is 4 weeks.. when I started with landstar (at the time we were with usx) up side for use that made it faster was we sent them copies of our 1,000,000 certificates. Still took us 2 1/2 weeks... they even told us not to quit until they had everything ready..

When we updated our truck thru lone mountain it took a week to get everyth8ng done..

If you decide to get a newer truck lone mountain they will take $1,000 off the diwn payment and as a current bco they will give you another $1,000 off the diwn payment. That's $2,000 off. When i got my 2015 prostar my down payment was $1,000

6. ed4207

ed4207 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2006
    I'm glad you had a good leasing experience. But I don't understand why not borrow money from a bank and cut out the leasing payments.
    Interest from a bank is always cheaper than leasing.
    Build equity, trade trucks as needed with a goal of running a late model paid for truck.
    Put the extra money in a retirement account and be able to idle along in old age.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.