Lone Mountain Truck....financing ????

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by MNdriver, Apr 1, 2012.

1. OONewbie

OONewbie Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    I like Lone mountains finance structure, no variable rates, no interest, no balloon payments, and you get what you pay for.... I have spoken to a few o/o's that have financed with them and a few even financed more then one truck. Best part too no mileage caps or maintenance fees..... They are higher priced then some, but the fact they take you with no or bad credit and offer warranties, can't ask for much more from a finance company...

flood Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    If one has the ability to manage money, Lone Mountain would be much better than a company LP setup.

azcardnlz, OONewbie and flood Thank this.
  4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    If someone can't manage their money, switching from company driver to business owner will only result in bankruptcy

T_TRUCKER•, OONewbie and Ruthless Thank this.
  5. OONewbie

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    This is why I'm building a business plan and fixed costs spreadsheet....

6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Just remember your 4th to 5th year of a new trucks life are the most expensive , 1 reason many fleets trade them at 4 years or 550,000 to 600,000 miles

OONewbie Thanks this.
  7. OONewbie

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    Northern New York ? I grew up in Somers in Westchester County, I have family in Newburgh and Pough... Just curious

8. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Lone mountain has a nice selection of brand new trucks. They still have a few older ones but I'm not interested in that. I've been saving money every week and I'm on track to get a 2016 volvo 780 or a new cascadia by early summer.

Can someone tell me what my other expenses will be when doing this? Other than a down payment...what's insurance, permits, plates cost if I lease to a company VS my own authority?
    I think being new to the O/O world would be better finding a company to lease on to in the start, but having a say and choice in where and when I go is huge to me, working with brokers/agents is something I want to do.

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

The prices on the BRAND NEW trucks at LONE MOUNTAIN are slightly inflated over other dealers for same models with more options

10. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    I was stationed at Stewart for 4 years. Love the area, but hate the cancer about 80 miles south. Otherwise, NY would be a nice state.

OONewbie Thanks this.
  11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    if your leased to a company most will pay for permits and plate, you pay insurance,

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.