Lonestar AC Power outlets in sleeper not working?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by naval_superman, Feb 15, 2017.

1. naval_superman

naval_superman Bobtail Member

May 24, 2016
    Just got an international lonestar and the only outlets that are working are the 12V cigar lighters, but whenever I plug anything into the AC Wall outlets I get nothing. Blown fuse? If so what's the fuse because I can't seem to locate it based on the diagram

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Do you have an APU or does the truck need to be PLUGGED INTO 120 volts?

I think it's getting to be a common accessory with newer these trucks days. But they need power supplied to them. Some will come with some type of generator and others need to be plugged in.

I've never had an apu. Every truck i've been in that had the plugs needed to be plugged in. And the outlets weren't built inside the cab. It was box in the left side door compartment. Which meant running extension cords through the bed. The truck had two plugs under the door. One was for engine heat the other was for the plugs.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    naval_superman Thanks this.
  4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Maybe a silly question, but did you turn on the inverter? My current truck is the Lonestar's ugly sister with the electric APU and there is an inverter under the bunk and a couple of A/C outlets mounted on the wall.

To find the inverter, raise the bottom bunk and look for it on the back wall. You may be able to see it when you open the driver's side, side box, but you won't likely be able to reach it.

Tb0n3 and naval_superman Thank this.
  5. naval_superman

naval_superman Bobtail Member

May 24, 2016
    I just looked and it seems I don't have an APU. Instead there's 4 extra battery's

6. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Sounds like you have the same as mine....electric APU. To be sure, do you have the passenger side, side box that has louvers on it, or can you open the passenger side box? If it has louvers, that is to keep air circulation for the electric apu. Mine has a battery pack under the driver's seat AND a battery pack in a plastic compartment just in front of the 5th wheel, in between the frame rails.

My buddy has a slightly older ugly sister and his extra battery pack is mounted in a metal storage compartment on the driver's side. Both trucks have the EPU (electric APU...maybe Electric Power Unit?)

7. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Don't know a bunch about the Lonestar, but on the Volvo if you don't have the inverter package the outlets won't work unless you're plugged into shore power.

8. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    That may be the issue. I cussed and discussed this with my buddy, the one who has the slightly older Prostar. His inverter is installed in a different place than mine and is under the impression our inverters were installed by our shop guys prior to our trucks being placed "in service".

Our EPU trucks do not have any A/C outlets installed, so most of us use a power strip and run the cord to the inverter. In the OP's case, it's possible the previous owner of the truck (if he got it used) had an inverter and ran the A/C plugs to make it convenient. When that owner turned the truck in, he may have taken the inverter with him.

My buddy also informed me I was a knucklehead. The extra battery pack is used to power the sleeper HVAC (heat and air) when the truck is turned off. It has nothing to do with an inverter. (slaps self on forehead). Yep, my buddy is right on both counts. Knucklehead and HVAC battery pack . Also, the truck will "Auto Start" when the main batteries get low, providing you have the Auto Start button on the dash in the ON position.

9. wolfpackldr

wolfpackldr Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Did anyone find the solution? My 110's just stopped working. Checked fuse box under bunk. Replaced fuses but no success. Thanks

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    What does your inverter readout say?

11. leemore

leemore Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.