Lonestar Transportation drivers.. Check in!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by QBall3577, May 18, 2013.

1. HMorgan

HMorgan Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Ask for one most guys wanting new kenworths. Hubert Morgan #900072 see you on road

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    I'm in Eagle Pass delivering this plate steel in the am, good luck down there Hubert they're talking about all that ice and crap again in Houston area on Tuesday.

4. HighwayGrunt0311

HighwayGrunt0311 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    So i'm interested in getting back out there OTR. I had to take a break from driving since my mother passed late last year and had to settle things down here with legal stuff and what not. Land Star is one of the main company's I am looking at for the opportunity of growth. I have 13 months experience with most of it being Flatbed over at Melton and I was wondering about the orientation. I heard the Pt part is like a 100lbs tarp lift and stuff, now is the drug test just urine or is it a hair test ( im clean either way but hair test might be tough due to now having much hair to give, I'm former military so I keep my hair really short. And do they hire out of Florida? I live in WV but because of my sister being in Florida where my mom lived, I'm talking her into moving with me for a fresh start since she doesn't really have anything left in Florida and what are the trucks like? are they all 8 speed transmissions and how long does it take to advance from a level 0 to when they will start putting OD loads on me? any info will help, thanks in advance and stay safe out there yall

5. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    They hire in all 48 states. Physical is pretty easy. The 100 pound tarp is the worst of it. Urine test only for the drug test. All of the 3 axle trucks are 8 speeds. I think the 4 axles are 13 speeds.

I came in with only van experience and was hauling OD loads within 2 months. My first month was all legal loads. After 14 months, I'm up to Level 2 and hauling some really outrageous loads. If I hadn't been on a project for 4 months, I could have gotten to Level 2 much sooner.

Finally got all of my legal matters cleared up and I'm supposed to pickup in Houston Tuesday heading to Wyoming, MI outside of Grand Rapids. I'm not looking forward to this trip at all. Especially considering there was just a nasty pile up in that area last week.

6. HighwayGrunt0311

HighwayGrunt0311 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    awesome. I've been reading the thread, went through all the pages. I see that even as a solo driver they pretty much run coast to coast. my old job because I lived in Florida they kept me east a lot, furthest west I went was like Texas. And thats with me staying out 4-10 weeks.

Also only downside I could see at LST was the no pet policy, my dog has been with me my entire career, He is the reason I am still here when I got out of the Marine Corps. Sounds weird but they are a great therapy solution. and it's going to be tough not having him with me.

7. Drifter379

Drifter379 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Liberty Hill, Texas
    So after I sent in application my current employer got pissy about me leaving. After holding my work history validation for 2 weeks he finally sent it in. Called lone star yesterday to check on my status. It appears that only driving in 4 states for the last year does not count as OTR. Lone star requires 5 states for OTR.
    Now I've been sitting for 6 days being told they don't have a load for me. I had all my hopes set on driving for lone star now I have to find something else quick. I'm going to try to find something OTR that I can deal with for a year and then re apply.
    I REALLY WANT TO DRIVE FOR LONE STAR.

8. Speedemon1084

Speedemon1084 Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Collins, MS
  9. Drifter379

Drifter379 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Liberty Hill, Texas
    I believe her name was Holly. Do you know someone that I can plead my case to and bypass recruiting?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  10. Speedemon1084

Speedemon1084 Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Collins, MS
    They hired me with only 3 states the previous year.

11. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Call back and ask to speak to Tonya. I believe that's the main girl's name in recruiting.

Speedemon1084 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.