Longest Live Load/Unload? Can u top this?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by shaken, Dec 22, 2006.

1. angelbaby

angelbaby Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2007
    new orleans
    the longest we had,has to be a paper mill off of 20 in louisiana,can't remember the name right now,but we got there and emptied at 8 p.m.on a tuesday night,had a reload,we were empty within 1 hour.but then it took until midnight the next night to get loaded.then it took 2 1/2 days to unload that load,4 stops,all in different states

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Recket in springfield, Mo I had exactly that 18.5hrs for an unload.

Can't remember what the company name was but it was in TX and it was close to 18 hours

I am sure some flatbed drivers have some similar stories.

4. wonderman

wonderman Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2006
    I got to one of our customers in kentucky at 9.00 am and when I looked at the qualcomm again I noticed I had a 2200 appointment. I was really shocked because I had never had this happen before or since with Maverick I just found a corner in the lot out of the way and took a long nap.I got my 10 hour break out of the way and loaded late that night.and then ran with the load when I got it loaded....wonderman

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I think 7 hrs is the worst that I've had. Thats about the limit to my patience too. I have a low tolerance for BS and with being O/O I can leave if I want.

6. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI

Only 18 hours??
    I waited for 41 hours in a potato field in Arizona because the conveyor broke down twice, and they had to order the parts.

7. shaken

shaken Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006
    How did you ever find the patience to wait 41 hours?!?! I was steaming at 18!!!

8. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    No other loads with-in 500 miles going to where I wanted to go.

9. chrisp

chrisp Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2006
    3 Days for a drop n hook at National beef in Liberal, KS

10. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

Stevens? :biggrin_2555:

11. chrisp

chrisp Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Stevens ? ya mean the big shiney trucks with the wings ? Thats the one. AKA hurry up en wait. One advantage at Liberal, you'll get plenty time to go shopping at Wally World. But really, you've gotta start someplace and Stevens training should get you a job anywhere. You never know where they will send you. Great way to learn geography. You'll visit everyplace but the house. Well every 6 weeks or so you might get home. I think they call it paying your dues. Great if you're single or like to travel.

In all its not a bad place Tho this board makes them out to be evil. Its a job and a place to learn the ropes while getting decent miles.

Isn't life great !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.