Longest Live Load/Unload? Can u top this?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by shaken, Dec 22, 2006.

1. highirish

highirish Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    Gotta say Tamko in Fredrick, MD. Place is notorius for an all day sit and wait...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2mega

2mega Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    ....I drove for "A Leader in Specialized Hauling" (Haz Waste....different than Haz-Mat.)

I waited four days for a Radio-Active load to cool down...safe enough to transport....Connecticut Yankee....North Connecticut.

Wife riding with me at the time....put up in a nice Motel....had to be at the site in case I had to go inside to move trailer....0800/1700 hrs....then on our own 'til next morn.

Visited a nearby 'Old Opera House'....and totally rested for the next grind....the wife rode with me at various times over the 17 yrs. I spent over the road....Connecticut was one of her most pleasant experiences.....Bourbon St in New Orleans one of our worst !!

4. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Eh.. About the longest unload I ever had was in Sterling IL. The guy got my tank opened up, hooked up and cracked the valves and then checked the levels... I sat there from early in the AM, all day and then all night getting paid, getting paid to sleep is really great!

:biggrin_25525:

5. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas

The World's biggest Flour PWOOF!!!!!!!!

6. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Really?

My Stepfather was a Reefer Mechanic for National Carriers and he lived in Liberal and worked at Nasty Beef.

7. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    I'm thinkin that's Jewel's off of 47th street.

8. didntitellu

didntitellu Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    I am still new, but I have already had one of those long loads. Lumberton NC, Graphics International. They package chicken for Kraft foods. Appt was 6 PM I arrived and checked in at 5 PM. Got the knock on the door at 8:15 AM the next day. To top it off the load was only going to Dover DE. We were given 26 hours to get there, and it dropped on the day my home time began. So I was to get from Lumberton NC to Dover DE to Akron OH that day. Now after sitting in Baltimore traffic for hours the load was actually late. 26 hours scheduled to go 400ish miles and it was late?? From there I had to grab a relay load in PA so I could finally make it home.....the next day.

Thanks Kraft!

9. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Never, never, never go by the appt time. you will get there, drop your empty... so far so good.. then you will park with the other bobtailers... and sit and sit and sit.... the paperwork is not brought out till 7-8pm each day to the guard shack. then it is a mess watching 23+ trucks racing to their trailers that were across from them all day. usually the load you get has to be in PA or Ohio the next day by 7am... of course it is a hot load.. but nobody has done anything about the office bringing the paperwork out all at one time at night..

10. TruckingBum

TruckingBum Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ga
    My longest wait ever was a load of mty bottles going to one
    years and years ago
    got there for a FRI afternoon apt were working on it theyr getting the line switched over all kinds of exucses pulled the trailer out of the dock with the warm bottles monday at 1 am Their delay only shut the line down at pepsi for a few hours.
    The delay wouldnt of been so bad if they had just been honest and said hey were not gunna have this #### ready for 2 days but when its ready its hot.

11. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Well for now if I am at a long time getting unloaded it my own fault. I unload my self. Normally takes me 15 to 45 minutes pending how many pieces. Takes as much time to get my crane turned around as it does to get the pieces off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.