Longship is long ####

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by scoobertdoo, Jun 27, 2022.

1. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    This company is filled with people who are ######## on the phone, but I ignore that typically.

Now they ####ed me on 5 hours detention. They confirmed Thursday evening the appointment was 11pm. I arrive, and the appointment was moved to 4:30 am.

Simple to fix, pay 5 hours detention and move on with life....? Nope. 5 days of phone and emails. Emails unanswered, phone calls hung up. They said "we are too busy to call the customer today" and hung up.

Finally today they said, "customer refused to pay" click.

Hey, you have the right to be an #######, but thats going to hurt your company, not help. Could have been fixed with a compromise, but they are too stupid to offer $100 and an apology.

Going on my do not use list.

Unprofessional.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sorry they screwed you over. They are also very unprofessional, so I won't use them. Thanks for sharing.

Rideandrepair, TallJoe and nikmirbre Thank this.
  4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Why didn't you have all that worked out in writing before you signed the rate con? They would have not agreed, which would have saved you the headache of dealing with them OR they would have accepted your terms and you would have been paid accordingly. You would have benefited from either scenario.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    They should pay you at least a consolation fee. From their own pockets, if the customer is unwilling. You don't care about their customer's lack of ability or willingness to pay - that's on them!

Keep calling them.
    Badger them.
    Tell them how miserable they are.
    Shame them.

Ask for their main person and tell that person the story. Tell them you'd call their customer and describe how they treat their carriers! Don't tell them they you will go for their customer to get your money yet - it maybe against the contract you signed, but warn them that you will describe what happened and how unreliable business partner potential they can be.

I know it may be too low to act like that but they can't feel you were easy on them. They have to learn to respect your time. All of them. They have their right to warn me with all kinds of fees in case I am late on arrival, it should be reciprocal.

Call them again...at least 10 times in the next week. If you call only 3 times, it is not going to be enough, at least 10 times.

10 times in the next week!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.