Look out for changes at Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Truck-N-Tech, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Truck-N-Tech

Truck-N-Tech Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    I have just ended a 5 year stretch of walking barefoot on broken glass. Pure misery, to put it mildly. Now I am finally back to a great job, working for a great company.

Even though I am more than happy at my new place, I always ask other drivers how they are doing, and how their company is treating them.

In the past 2 weeks, I have spooken to a few Quality Carriers drivers, and they tell me things are going downhill fast. They didn't give too many specifics, but they told me the company is making a lot of changes to the way they are paying their drivers. Drivers are losing money, and the guys I talked to are all looking for an escape plan. Maybe someone who drives for Q.C. would know more, but for now, all I can say is be careful if you are thinking about joining their company.

Gear Grinder 1983 Thanks this.
  2. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Funny. Are you talking to the company drivers , or the Real O-O's ?
    ive been out since March 30 , and they're running my arse off . Not to mention the Campaign Loads , which I got a piece of this week.
    I've been with QC for over 2 rts. now, and , since the first of the year , its been my best yet.

3. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Aren't most QC terminals affiliates who set their own pay and whatnot? So what is happening to guys at one terminal may not be a company wide thing.

4. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern Tier NY
    This is correct. The affiliate I worked for went under after a string of management mistakes, though they treated the drivers OK and paid well.

RickG Thanks this.
  5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    N.Carolina
    Truck-N-Tech,what company did u go with ??

6. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2009
    texas
    the affiliate my dad has worked for since 1986 is a good company and they treat their drivers pretty well. If i had haz mat i would be driving for them now, but i dont want haz mat.

Gear Grinder 1983 Thanks this.
  7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The QC near me ALWAYS has an ad in the paper(online). I have thought about going to them just so I can start getting tanker experience and start working.

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Permian Basin
    Jpenn: How does the affiliate program work? Is it like a franchise?

9. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Yes, it is. I'm thinking of moving on , chasing the greener grass.
    Most affiliates negotiate their own rates , for their customers. A lot depends on the compitation , and who it is.
    Still, beats the heck out of van or refer freight. And a lot of flatbed.

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Most QC terminals are owned by affiliates and the drivers work for the affiliates , not QC . This creates a couple of problems . The affiliates are small employers which results in high health insurance rates . The biggest negative is QC corporate safety controls safety . They have an ignorant safety department that can't properly interpret HOS and they are real anal with e-logs .

• Draft saved Draft deleted