Looking at Boyd Bros and TMC

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by travelman, Feb 23, 2015.

1. travelman

travelman Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Central Alabama
    If I actually decide to go into trucking, I have narrowed it down to Boyd and TMC. I would like to hear from drivers who actually have experience with either company about the training programs, pay, home time, and how dispatchers treat the drivers in general. I have looked all over the forums for both companies, but couldn't really find enough info to actually compare the two.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
  4. travelman

travelman Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Central Alabama
    After looking at those forums again, I was able to find some of the info I was looking for, but I'm still looking for info about how good Boyd's training program is compared to TMC's. I know TMC is said to have an excellent training program, but I have also heard that they tend to be very anal about little things.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  5. kelmonkey79

kelmonkey79 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    My husband just started as a trainer. He has been with Boyd for 9 months. Boyd is a GREAT company to work for. You go through your new employee training session in the classroom then you go out with a trainer for i think 6-8 weeks (give or take). You go home every other weekend and your trainer goes home every other weekend. They will put you up in a hotel when it's your trainers turn to go home. You make $500 a week training pay during this time.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. ny2tn

ny2tn Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    How many miles does he average. I just got pre hired

7. kelmonkey79

Feb 23, 2015
    He has been averaging 2000+. Of course without having a dedicated run, miles can vary a lot weekly. He should gross over $40000 this year and has only been driving less than a year.

8. kelmonkey79

Feb 23, 2015
    His name is Jeffrey Chappa if you need a reference.

9. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    My bf is a l/o with Boyd and is very happy with them. They take care of their drivers and listen when they have concerns.

10. Corruptdigit

Corruptdigit Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Wow. 40k and you're impressed? Go with Melton. Starting pay from 53-55k with only 3 months otr experience.

11. Claymoresauce

Claymoresauce Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Melton has those creepy driver-facing cameras. They say "they'll only record in the event of a hard breaking situation or an impact", but I call b*llsh*t. It's like having a camera in your bedroom...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.