Looking at SNI

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Mattaponi Guard, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Well I applied at SNI on Thursday, got a call today to follow up on the app. I graduate next week and they want me to call them then for an interview etc. I was told that orientation will be in Carlile pa for a week then a week or so with a trainer. Anyway, I applied for a dedicated position, Walmart runs, .30cpm, 5 on 2 off. I know they are a starter company but with all said they don't seem to bad?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigcove

bigcove Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I am starting with them. I just got off my trainer's truck and doing my final testing on Wednesday. I don't have any other trucking companies experience to compare them, but as far as companies in general, they seem pretty stand up.Everyone has been very nice and informative. It is not the atmosphere I was expecting at all. I think you could do a lot worse. I was at the Carlisle, PA OC just last week doing my 10. It is one of the nicer OC's as far as I could tell. The temperatures up there were still pleasant compared to what we are getting here in TN.

The interview is no big deal. The recruiter just goes over your background with you. It is more of a get to know you conversation. Then you are transferred to someone in Medical/Safety to ask you medical info questions.

I am happy so far with my choice of Schneider. Maybe not all people feel the same, but so far it has been a very positive experience.

I will do my final testing in the West Memphis, AR OC and should be getting my truck soon after.

Good luck to you.

johnday Thanks this.
  4. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

I've been with SNI for a year and a half. Yep, they may be called a starter company, but I've met many drivers and others that have well over 20 years here.
    Now, I'm having to leave them. SNI has done nothing to influence my decision, it's all on me. They've done all but stand on their head in a corner for me.
    That said, you could do a whole lot worse than these guys, been there, done that.
    Dedicated runs always sound good. If that's what you would like, go for it!! If at a later time you should change your mind, in my experience, they will try to help you out.
    Good luck to ya!!:biggrin_25525:

5. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Big Cove and John Day thanks for the vote of confidence, I meant by starter company one that hires recent grads, and from what I've read there are not many. So the dedicated sounds like it could get boring, but hell I'll try it you never know where it may lead. Big Cove keep us updated, btw, how long were you with a trainer? Thanks.

johnday Thanks this.
  6. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I've passed my stress test Sunday and I passed my road test today. So all that is left now is learning about SNI's proceedures and policies. I guess third time is the charm.

difference-maker Thanks this.
  7. johnday

Good luck to ya!!! Yep, sometimes the third one IS the charm!!:biggrin_25525:

8. bigcove

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    What do you mean you are leaving? I understand your situation at home, I know you have responsibilities there, but I thought you had worked that out. Well, I guess I should take a different tone. You are your own man and can determine yourself what you need to do for your family. I hope and pray that things improve with your wife. As I spoke to you before, it would be very difficult for me to go through what you are facing.

I thank you very much for your guidance and help as I am being transformed into a pumpkin head. Schneider will certainly experience a loss when you come off your DBL's driver board.

johnday Thanks this.
  9. bigcove

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN

Good luck. I know you are anxious to get back out there with your husband.

10. bigcove

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I got on the truck with my trainer the Tuesday after Memorial day. I was with him until the following Saturday. He had scheduled hometime that weekend. I met back with him the following Monday and we stayed out until this past Saturday. So I was on the truck eleven days all together.

I am to be on the Regional team out of West Memphis, AR. I have been thinking about dedicated, but at the same time, I am really looking forward to seeing different landscapes of this part of the country. I think with dedicated, you pretty much see the same things. I like things a little less predictable.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  11. johnday

Thanks Harrison. Yeah, we had it all worked out, it would have been a great gig. But then I got a few phone calls from a couple neighbours, and talked to the head of a local organization that I'd been working with. Everyone, and I mean all of them, were saying that Jan really needs constant supervision. I guess I knew this all along, but kept denying it.

My DBL has offered me all sorts of options, but none would really work well up where we live. So, I'm doing what was suggested, and finish up whatever FMLA I've left. He assured me as well, that I would be highly recommended for rehire. I've worked with SNI the same as with anyone, but never have had that said to me!!

Thanks for those words of kindness, it was definitely appreciated.
    And you're very welcome, it's a poor person that can't take the time to help another.
    Hey, look at it like this, you can take my place, and get that Volvo!!:biggrin_2559:

bigcove Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.