Looking at SNI

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Mattaponi Guard, Jun 14, 2010.

1. bigcove

bigcove Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I'll tell 'em you said so. I should be in like Flint!!:biggrin_25525::biggrin_25523:

johnday Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Bigcove, yea the dedicated could be mundane to say the least, but if I go with them then I'll see what opens next year after some OTR, I'd like to see some of the country before I cash in my chips. One question, when you go for your interview do you do the physical, drug test, etc. the same day or later?
    Johnday, sorry for your home troubles, I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks and be safe.

johnday Thanks this.
  4. bigcove

bigcove Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    The interview was over the phone with the recruiter. I had just had a physical for another company the week before, so Schneider just had me fax those results. They did send me for a urine and hair sample drug test. Those were all done prior to going to orientation. You will not pay for these - Schneider does.

During orientation you have a physical fitness test to check your heart rate after doing some exercises. if your heart rate goes above the number for you (220-your age x .9 = your heart rate threshold) you will be sent home. There is a video on the Schneider website of the exercises you will do. Just remeber to breathe while you are doing them. If you do not, your heart rate will go higher.

5. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Johnday, I don't know your circumstances but I wish you well and hope things work out for you in the future. SNI is a class act. They bent over backwards for me and I appreciate that very much. Take care.

By the way if you are giving that Volvo away I'll take it. Biggrin 2559

6. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Yes they do. And thanks, things will work out. They always do if you think about it.

Now you and BigCove may have a minor battle over that Volvo!!:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25525:

7. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Well I'm told that SNI isn't going to get anymore Volvos but they are getting Cascades. Teams are getting new trucks so I'll let bigcove have the volvo and I'll settle for the new truck. (I'm just that nice that way:biggrin_2559:)

johnday Thanks this.
  8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Gawd, don't hope for a Catastrophia....er, Cascadia. Lots of problems. Poor quality. I've got a '10 Century that so far has been pretty trouble-free, aside from an oil filter that leaked before the last PM.

But something else....I've been pretty happy here, but the last three or four weeks have not been good. Wwwwaaaayyyy too many short loads....not worth me staying out. I've discussed it with my DBL, and am getting ready to stay out 30 days before I go on vacation. If things don't pick up during that month, I may be looking elsewhere. I really don't want to, but my time has value, and lately, that compensation for my time hasn't been sufficient.

9. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    That's totally understandable. Hubby as a solo has been getting lots of short runs. We were considering leaving for another company until SNI decided to let me try the stress test and after passing let me into orientation early so we can team. Last truck I was in was a Columbia.

10. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Well SNI called on Monday and we had a chat, they told me to call them back next week after I pass my CDL road test. So all looks good, so far, I'll wait to call next week and go from there, who knows maybe I too will turn into a pumpkin, gotta start somewhere? Thanks for all the info.:biggrin_255:

11. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    We were assigned a truck. It's a Volvo.

johnday and difference-maker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.