looking at superior....

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by GenericUserName, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    I thought I would update you guys on what I posted earlier here. I ended up getting on with H.O. Bouchard, which is a local outfit, and haul caustic, bleach, clay slurry, and once in a great while leachate. I started at the end of June and love it. Lots of fuel oil loads coming up so I will probably get trained on that. I normally work 5 days a week and started at $18 an hour with over time over 40 hrs. They also pay an extral $100 if you work the whole weekend and $20 a day for truck share if two drivers use a truck and I'm the night guy so I use my fathers truck. They also have excellent benefits. I absolutly love pulling tankers and wouldn't want to do anything else.

wsyrob and mountaingote Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Good fer you

Mainah Thanks this.
  4. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    Well my tanker career has hit a bit of a snag now. Just this past Monday I was laid off for 10 weeks anyway,or whenever the asphalt and dry cement start moving again. A few things led to it. A warm winter so little salt, propane, fuel oil, and some other fuels aren't moving much. Then we lost the contract to haul to one mill, two closed, and two have cut way back, with one in bankruptcy and the other on its last legs, so chemicals are way down right now. One good thing is that they are keeping my insurance up and if I go back I get a $150 bonus for every week I was laid off. Right now I'm just trying to decide if I should stay or move on because it just seems like its only going to get worse.

What does Superior really do out of Auburn, ME., are drivers there mostly regional there or do they just throw you out into the system?
    What seems to be the average they normally keep drivers out?
    How well maintained is the equipment?

I guess as long as they don't pull a Werner and keep me out 11 weeks when I'm requesting home time I'll be fine. Anything someone can tell me would be great.

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    if you can not lose everything while you collect unemployment
    hang out go catch a few smelt go back get your bonus
    you already know many carriers in Maine have it rough in the winter
    and fingerprinting loads is good money but lots of work

6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    We are set up for 7 to 10 days out. I do mostly system and I'll run where it takes me. Sometimes im out 5+ weeks, sometimes im out 5 days and home for a few.
    For example: Last week I got a call asking if I would cover a load going from Quincy down to Charlotte, so I took it. From Charlotte I went up into PA and then out to Ohio and sat the weekend. Now I'm on my way up to Baileyville and then I'll be home for a bit.

We have a lot of regional out and back and some local and a few reliable outbound loads. Right now its busy one week and dead the next and the mill closings haven't helped. Luckily we aren't completely dependent on them. If you want to talk privately feel free to pm me.

Mainah and wsyrob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.