Looking for a good owner operator company that allows self dispatch

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 559680, Jul 17, 2018.

1. 559680

559680 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Are there any recommendations for a good professional company that pays a decent percentage and/or covers some of the overhead?
    Looking to self-dispatch and run non forced. If the rates are good I'll consider a dedicated run. I'm in the Midwest

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What you seek is a fantasy, a dream, a moment's contemplation after a coffee and smoke over breakfast about how all the problems in trucking would go away if you, Ceaser will be the one that rules over all things yourself.

In short, build your own trucking company. And run it the way you want it run. The reason I say this is that most drivers never find such a El Camino Real (The royal road to the city of gold) in this form of non forced self dispatching. There would be no money in it.

windsmith and 559680 Thank this.
  4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I pull for Schneider. Totally pick your own loads. 65%

559680 Thanks this.
  5. 559680

559680 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Wrong, but thanks anyways...I'm already doing it. I self dispatch and make good money. Just happens that the outfit I'm leased to now is not as professional as I'd like to be involved with. I can tolerate it for the pay, but just getting fed up with pettiness. There has to be others. I've put my time in at Landstar, don't really want to go back there either.

6. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    MAG carriers in Georgia or traveloko

Dan47 Thanks this.
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Lol ... Maybe Mag, but he was looking for a supportive company where he doesn't have to put up with nonsense.

just_sayin Thanks this.
  8. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    I got my learners permit a few days ago. Obviously I gotta learn the ropes first and work for some time for a company. Bare with me, Id like to one day be an owner operator, whats the difference between a dispatcher, broker, and load board? I wouldnt like to enter the business unless I can control the the days that I work and the loads I deliver hence why Id like to be be an owner operator, which is why I want to find out before I proceed to getting my cdl and applying for jobs.

9. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    Who do you work for now, if you don’t mind me asking?

10. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    MAG and Traveloko are the first that come to mind. I wouldn’t do that for long though. You can do the same thing running your own authority and keep 100% of the load. Wouldn’t hurt until you had enough resources.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.