Looking for a job. Keep me from making a mistake.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by red70tvhs, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    They advertise being home most weekends 46 of 52 weeks a year

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Ha! Charlie from "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" pic comes to mind. :D:D:D

4. red70tvhs

red70tvhs Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Update! Thanks to a couple of you guys, I've been talking with Danny Herman Trucking and Ozark. Both said my accident or moving violation shouldn't be a problem. Apps are submitted and I'm waiting for another call. TMC is also supposed to call me back sometime today. Which I think I'd rather work for the other guys. I know, beggars can't be choosers but I'm dangerously close to options!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    TMC would be a great gig for a new/er driver looking to go flatbed. If you have a year of experience my company just switched to tiered salary. Average gross right now is 1550 weekly, company paid medical, dental, vision. Traditional and Roth 401ks with company match. Paid for ALL miles. New t680s with APU, Inverter and refrigerators.

And they will run the dog #### out of you. You’ll have a ton of miles. More than you’ll have working at 1.5-2 other flatbed companies.

But to gain experience and or a cdl if you don’t have it, go with TMC and choose percentage pay. You can make good money from day one that way. Just keep your truck spotless and your tarps off the deck.

6. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    If you don’t want to do flatbed and like to sleep a lot, but still want to make money... Try Jim Palmer/Wil-Trans for reefer. They have great equipment and #### fine pay out of the gate.

7. red70tvhs

Jun 11, 2018
    Wil-Trans disqualified me for an accident back in 2015. They said it wouldn't be an issue if I was going through their cdl training or if I already had cdl experience. But just being an inexperienced cdl holder was a no go? Didn't make much sense to me.

RedRover Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roadtex Transportation cuts lots of slack on tickets.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  9. red70tvhs

Jun 11, 2018
    Update: I go to orientation for Danny Herman Trucking Monday. Thank you all for the help!

otterinthewater and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.