Looking for a SAP friendly compnay

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by BadMojo68, May 13, 2023.

1. BadMojo68

BadMojo68 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023
    I am looking for a SAP friendly company. I have not failed any drug test but my last company that I drove for last year reported to the Clearinghouse that I refused a random drug test. What they failed to tell the Clearinghouse is that this so called "random" test was a request from their new insurance company for all of their drivers to do a hair follicle test. There is so much that doesn't make sense to me about all of this. I quit that job July 16, 2022. They reported the refusal on July 19, 2022. I had to stop driving for awhile because of some health issues. I went back to driving on Apr 6 this year. On Apr 21 it popped up in the Clearinghouse with this bogus violation. I have filed a dispute to all of this, with plenty of documentation, and hopefully will know something within the next 14 days. I don't understand the Clearinghouse not even following their own rules which are pretty clear about what is/is not a reportable drug test and/or refusal. I'm also not understanding why it took them 8 months to put this on my record. Had no idea it was there until me and my company was informed on Apr 21. Wasn't there when they hired me. Anyway, all of that being said....I went ahead and did the SAP program just so I can get back to work (hopefully). I currently live in Omaha, NE and have about 18 mos experience, mostly reefer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Thr question is, when did the company send you for a random? If they sent you for a random prior to July 16, and you never went to do it, then they did nothing wrong. Since you went ahead and did SAP, are you fully finished with the program? @Chinatown has posted a number of companies in another thread but I can't remember the title. Once he shows up, he can either provide you the link or list those companies for you.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    vncterry, FAMOUSJAXX and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    BadMojo68 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    BadMojo68 Thanks this.
  7. BadMojo68

BadMojo68 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023
    My problem with the whole thing is is that the test was for a hair follicle test. Also, there was never a date/time/place recorded for ANY sort of test. They never had a test set up. They kept asking me to do the test while on my home time. Again, FMCSA rules are pretty clear about what is a reportable positive test or refusal. They are also pretty clear about where and how a test is to be administered. Hair follicle tests are non reportable to the Clearinghouse. Hair follicle tests are not used by the DOT.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  9. BadMojo68

BadMojo68 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023
    I have completed the SAP program, yes. I am also waiting for a reply to my dispute. I have plenty of documentation about all of this supposed violation and they have granted mean expedited review. I do not drink nor do I do any drugs. I have never failed any drug test.

Magoo1968 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OTR CDL Drivers Jobs - Second Chance Trucking | Smart Freight Express (sfxpress.us)
    Sap friendly / second chance
    We understand that a truck driver has a very hard job and we appreciate your hard work. We hire drivers after SAP. You deserve praise for trying to find your way. If you are serious, we will give you a second chance. Our company culture is built on treating everyone with respect. Your safety is our top priority.

michaelarp and BadMojo68 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.