Looking for career options advice!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DukTruckin, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    LTL companies

Chinatown and bubbagumpshrimp Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bubbagumpshrimp

bubbagumpshrimp Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Virginia
    Yup. LTL is a great way to go. Most LTL companies have a very low driver turnover rate (both line haul and P&D).

4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Don't just be looking at pay for your next job. You need to start looking at the benefits especially with kids at home. You might find a job with high pay but you're just turning right around and giving it back for medical and so forth. So of my friends have told me that new hires now have 70%-30% medical insurance. That's the worse in my book. Then on top of that it's an HMO insurance. Of course 100% medical paid by the company would be the best but I have only seen that in a select few. Mostly government workers and not federal but local town or state. The average is 80%-20%. The better part of that is PPO where you can go to any doctor just make sure they are in the network. Also check to see if most doctors, emergency, and hospitals take their insurance. Look into all the other benefits too. Make sure you have a sound retirement plan and if your lucky they might have more than 1 plan you can get. Check schooling. You never know if you'll need it or not. You get the idea, good luck.

bubbagumpshrimp Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.