Looking for contracts/ loads- need work

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Acourierforyou1, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Acourierforyou1

Acourierforyou1 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2017
    hi, my hubby and I decided to start a courier/ expedite biz. We are struggling to get loads to deliver, carry etc.
    We have 1van and 1 box truck. Can anyone tell me where here in Atlanta we can find work?
    How to get the contracts?
    We have an estimate of mileage rates in state and out of state.
    Any leads would be great!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    So you started a business without a business plan? Brokers...

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  4. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I feel for you, I really do. I'm just curious why you would start a business with no customers at a time when many are going bankrupt? Break out the phone book and start making some calls. I'm sure there are brokers that have loads in your area that nobody else wants. I guess you have to start someplace. Good luck.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Yea, like others have said. You buy trucks and no business plan.
    Smooth move ex lax...
    Start making sales calls, go knocking on peoples doors in the area. Then reach out at the points you want to service...

rollin coal Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I would call FedEx and see if they still have their local delivery program going in Custom Critical. At one time they did only local or regional things to haul overflow from Freight, and Express. It isn't an easy program to find out about, nor get into. Also you could ask supply chain if there is any need for a van and box truck.

7. LandslideRich

LandslideRich Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
  8. ohiobred

ohiobred Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2010
    central ky
    I will give you some ideas. Figure out what kind of customers you want to work for. Figure your rates and contracts up. You will have to sell your biz to customers. Do research and who you need to contact. go to the businesses and talk to them. try to get them in a contract. also maybe look at going to small biz type trade show and pass out cards. network. Look at how brokers get their work. you need to do the same kinda thing. you should have 20 new contacts every week to call. always looking for that next high paying customer. hit them streets! try load boards if you have to while you work on it. good luck.

Ryan S2016 Thanks this.
  9. Midwest1

Midwest1 Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    I don't want to sound rude or condescending but how do you expect to run a successful business with no plan in place? You then come on to a forum and are asking people how to obtain customers. Seems there was a major lack of research and due diligence before you got yourself into this.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.