Looking for Freight Broker Mentor

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Exams Broker, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Exams Broker

Exams Broker Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Well then I guess we are all in the same boat. I thought it would be a little different brokering it out. Got a love the new mandates from FMCSA and The new electronic log demand. I remember when I could run multiple runs within a 48 hour period.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Your trucks can run as many loads as their Elogs will allow on my freight. It's produce but it loads fast and unloads fast and never gets rejected. I think more and more shippers are going to have to become a lot quicker/more flexible. The price of NOT doing that is happening in the spot markets right now. The rates are spiraling up at a positively bubbling pace.

4. Exams Broker

Exams Broker Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Yeah all of my stuff is all dry van loads coming out of Dallas mostly it's all line haul to El Paso, Kansas City and Orlando. I'll keep your info just incase I ever get a driver stuck out there and see if you have anything coming out of there heading back to Texas. I just have more and more Freight coming in then going out and I'm tired of dealing with contractors cause when they start getting comfortable like always they start becoming b**chy and I definitely don't want to add to the fleet right now. That's why i would rather spend around 3,000 to get this going then spend over 100,000 in equipment and also all the extra maintenance cost that it's going to incur. I have awesome rates cause I'm getting it direct but don't want to loose the customers if I have to turn them down and I have a feeling it's around the corner where I am going to have to turn it down. Trying to be proactive.

5. Montanez86

Montanez86 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Why dont you co-broker?

6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Might not be the worst idea. I'm not sure how such a deal would even work though. I have 0 experience with them. It seems like the actual numbers would be a lot less important than the players involved... Because you just vouched for that person and your name is now wrapped up in it. Cobrokering with the wrong person absolutely will result in losing accounts you currently have.

7. Montanez86

Jul 11, 2017
  8. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    We've got a pretty strict policy against double/co-brokering for the reason @boredsocial mentioned. We catch a few of the larger companies trying to pull that on us, as well.

9. Montanez86

Jul 11, 2017
    Double brokering and co-brokering are not the same. With one you're protected and the other your not.

10. Montanez86

Jul 11, 2017
    But i do agree, you still need trust.

11. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    I recognize that. I never suggested otherwise. I'm pointing out my company's policy on it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.