Looking for good company

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DOC love, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    DRIVE FOR US (Admiral Merchants)

mtoo and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    90 percent of the load? If you have your own trailer you can get that at P&S Transportation now. Maybe try Carrier One?

CAXPT Thanks this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    So many choices, happiness is just a corkscrew away,,,sorry, don't drink, and I've conversed with you for a long time, just needling you, I think you're TTR's greatest asset. The fact that practically nobody takes your advice must be rough. Finding a job couldn't be easier today, and STILL, these great jobs are going unfilled.
    For younger folks, let me tell you "how it was" before the innernet[sic]. Several of my jobs were obtained by literally driving around an industrial park, looking for trucks backed in a dock. I would stop and ask, "do you need a driver", and VOILA,,,we both thought it was our lucky day. Today, just shows, as easy as it is, nobody cares.

CAXPT, MOBee, beastr123 and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Are you with Admiral Merchants?

6. badvik_83

badvik_83 Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2023
    Does anyone drive for one of these companies as recommended:
    Admiral Merchants
    Carrier one
    P&S Transportation?

I called and emailed them today and only got response from Admiral Merchants. Quite foggy information with a lot of weird fees and no info on what they offer. If you can share your experience or recommend other companies, please

7. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I recommend a small company if picking loads is what you want to be able to do. A large company really won’t let you do that except to pick loads they provide you. My carrier has 5 trucks and they charge 15%. I believe you’ll find similar.

If picking loads isn’t that important to you I would try a bigger company like Bennett. and you’ll probably see the same $ by the end of the year.

Siinman Thanks this.
  8. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    Why 90%. Might make more at 80% someplace else.

exhausted379 and beastr123 Thank this.
  9. CactusJay

CactusJay Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Hey just came across this, I work with Admiral, any questions I can answer? I've been with them hauling a stepdeck (now a lo-pro step) for about 8 years. What do you haul or want to haul, and what kind of equipment do you have? Let me know if I can help in any way.

cke, badvik_83 and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. badvik_83

badvik_83 Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2023
    Sent you a message. Thank you!

cke Thanks this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    DSV road out of missoula mt i was with them for a couple years.. good honest company.. medium size about 250 drivers.. all owner op's and lease purchase... no company drivers, although i heard they started hiring company drivers lately.. no idea.. they leave you alone and let you run how you want, anywhere you want with whoever you want.. paid 48 hours after submitting paperwork... if interested i can get you the number to the office and you can give the recruiting guy a call.

cke and badvik_83 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.