Looking for info on Eagle Express Lines.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 8thnote, Dec 20, 2016.

1. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I'be been offered a job with them. Sounds a little too good to be true. Just looking for some first hand info about the company, their operations, equipment, really anything you can tell me to help guide my decision.

Here's the job offer: It's 3 turns per week hauling mail for USPS, Dalton, GA to Valdosta and back (about 625 miles). Drop and hook on both ends. First week I run it Tu-W-Th, next week is Fr-S-Su then start over. So it works out to 3 on, 7 off, 3 on, 1 off, 3 on, 7 off, etc. Pay is $24.10 per hour x 36 hours per week ($870 a week for 3 day work week). Plus 10 paid holidays per year, company pays half of health ins., and matched 401k. Trucks are day cabs governed at 67 mph. Peoplenet E-logs.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Driver0000

Driver0000 Medium Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Sounds like I'm getting into: running USPS mail. Just a different contractor.

$22.70/hour. # of hours depends on the run.

Insurance looks different and I have not heard about 401k.

Just watching the thread.

crazeydude Thanks this.
  4. mailman59

mailman59 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    Hey Just Wondering how that job panned out for you, or if you took it or not

bigred81 Thanks this.
  5. Driver0000

Driver0000 Medium Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    It was the perfect job for me. I would've stayed forever.

But, because I had lived outside of the US for longer than 6 months in the last 5 years, DHS could not perform an adequate background check on me.

So, one month into this job I was let go. The contractor was as befuddled as me over the incident.

6. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I moved from Denver to take a Sleeper position with Eagle based out of Kansas City, started 2/2017 the pay looked great, everything on the job posting looked great and all was well until I got a new Fleet Manager, and hours started going down, the work became more random, and as I complained his supervisor basically said some weeks you'll only get 44 hrs if that's all we got (mind you my position said 60-68 hrs per week) so at my wits end I just took a dedicated mail run for 44 hrs a week, it pays 1.5k less a month and I'm so disheartened at this point I'm just waiting to find another job. I checked the job board and they have totally reworded the position I had. It's just a shame these people can just lie to employees. This was my experience. I really wanted this to be the last Company I worked for. I really wanted to retire from here. Now I'll have to keep looking. The job was too good to be true and they lie like everyone else.

Driver0000 Thanks this.
  7. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    They have been running ads here for the last few months.

A bit of their ad.
    -60 - 68 hours / week!
    10 Paid Holidays!
    *You will be paid for the holiday whether you are scheduled to work or not.
    Hourly postal rate is $22.70 plus $5.32/hour USPS Health & Welfare pay (paid up to 40 hours/week).

8. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    The job I had in Kansas City it turned out to be bull crap once I got a new fleet manager bout a month ago. They lie just like everyone else.

easytopleez33 Thanks this.
  9. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    @8thnote I would love a schedule like that. They'll probably call ya for extra work if you want it.

10. mailman59

mailman59 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    After almost 10 years with the company I can tell you without a doubt they are cutting back the hours on several runs. They have cut my paycheck twice. You are right to expect the # of hours they advertise during the hiring process but unfortunately for those of us that drive the trucks, the bean counters make changes without even giving us a heads up or a reason for it. My last cut took 200 out of my paycheck and I wasn't notified ahead of time. Just looked at my check and went wtf. Made several phone calls and asked the right questions and all I got was "the company is changing the run".
    Whichever region you are hired in there will be other runs to latch onto as new runs come up quite often. Also with the addition of Hoovestol, Beam and Ursa there will be many more to choose from. GL

11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    @mailman59
    Ursa? Hadn't heard about that one yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.